PDA

View Full Version : camanche 6/13

crank_bait
06-13-2009, 01:02 PM
was on the lake before sunrise, and immediately started working hat island to the dam. things were dead ! did not see the amount of fish that normally hold in that area. after four hours of nothing , we moved to the south dock and mouth of the narrows. i nailed a 3 lb bow and one bass. *they both hit a rapala shad rap lure in the hot steel pattern, and the suprise, was they both hit my topline around noon.
wishtofish was working the the dam pretty hard and had possibly the best vhf radio that i have ever heard on the water. thxx for sharing your info with us wishtofish, it sure helps us on covering more territory while trying to find the bite. ;)

kokemachine83
06-13-2009, 06:02 PM
crank bait: Whats going on up there?? Where did all the big hogs go? I was coming up tomorrow but, had a little mishap coming home from Berryessa koke derby. Slammed on my brakes and still hit the doe (Deer). She got up and wobbled away. I hope she is ok. But my trailer front roller broke and the boat came off the trailer 8". Also slid my battery box out from under the storage bin and torn out all my electric wiring. So i guess i'll have to wait to go back to Camanche. Those fish should be down around the 25' to 40 range. Good luck on your next trip! Missed out on the money by 3 cm. Oh well, there's all ways next time. Good luck to you!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

jsharman
06-13-2009, 08:26 PM
crank bait - it was good talking to you out there today. Thanks for the info and help. We stayed at it until two but no luck. Caught one bass and lost maybe an 18 - 20 incher at the boat. I am heading out again tomorrow and will post a more detailed report on both days then.

crank_bait
06-14-2009, 07:09 AM
robbie: we have been working the 30 foot depth a lot, but the starnge thing is....the fish have moved. sure, we see some...but not like the normal amount that we see there.(hat,causway,& dam). sorry to hear about the boat.....i guess you will be confined to fish from the bank at camanche, (no sense rushing your repair work..... ;)) *;D ;D

wishtofish: keep working that same area.....good luck !!

footnote: i forgot to mention, my digital camera had been acting up, and crapped out right as i was trying to take a pic of my trout. Sooooo, it is now at the bottom of the narrows ! and yes....it did make me feel better. :)