PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake *06-11-09 (Thursday)

hammerdog
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Made another trip to Silver Lake today, Thursday, June 11. *It was a cool breezy day today and hard to troll against the wind; much easier trolling with the wind. *We got into the water about 8:30 am and had our first fish at 0841 am. *We left around 2:30 when the rain started.

No fish of any significant size, but we caught at over (20) fish, mostly planter size except for some smaller Macs. *My fishing buddy, Bud had the hot Mack pole today, catching (5) Macs at different locations around the lake. *We did mark a lot of large fish, just did not catch any. *Brought home (8) of the larger fish and released the rest.

No browns caught today, but still an enjoyable day.

Bud with one of the (5) Macs he caught today

http://rm4956.250free.com/Silver/100_0373%20(Custom).jpg

PapaGreg
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
:)Did you see anyone fishing from shore?

Supposed to be planted this week, was going to hit it tommorrow, but have to take an in-law home to Ben Lomond.

pizzaman_288
06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
hammerdog thats great so what was the hot set up today i really need to get up there and catch some of those macks it would be a blast aybe we could do it sometime

ryanerb
06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice report! glad you guys caught em. lots of t storms in the afternoons lately. how far is the drive for you to silver?

ajaxfishing
06-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I knew I should have gone to Silver. I'll be up there next week for sure. Hammerdog, your reports just wet my appetite. Care to let us know what you were using. Otherwise I'll just keep experimenting and try to figure out that lake. Thanks, brojo.

hammerdog
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Papagreg- saw a few folks fishing the launch ramp area and from the shore on the west side of Silver Lake by Sanday Cove-

Ryanerb- living in Pioneer area on State route 88 and Silver Lake is only 30 miles from my front porch

Brojo- our setup was seps pro flasher and nightcrawlers. *I also tried F9 Rapala Fire Tiger, got one hit, but no fish. *I saw 2-3 other boats on the water and all appeared to be catching fish so I think most lures would be working. *From the amount of fish I marked, they must have planted recently. *

ajaxfishing
06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Hammerdog, thanks for the information. You sure have them dialed in. By the way, I also live in the Pioneer area...beautiful country isn't it?

Captain Compassion
06-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Is this the Silver Lake up on 88? ::) It certainly seems a different lake then what Dave and I fished a couple of days ago. :-[ Nice day guys. Beautiful pictures and story. :)

CC

fat_fish
06-11-2009, 09:50 PM
thanks for the report hd...those macks sure r fun.

ff