PDA

View Full Version : 12 pound 9 oz. Tahoe Big German Brown !!!

St._Denis
06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Dan Larkins of Sparks reeled in a Awesome 12 pound 9 oz. 30 inch long Monster German Brown on a 5.5 tui chud Trophy Stick covered in pro-cure Trophy Trout Gel Yesterday off Cal Neva Point inside the Hazard buoys!!! 15 feet of Water at 3.5 mph was the ticket !!Toplining is Zero or 1 to 3 fish mosly Macks......Deep water Action Macks are up and down right now , one day 1 or 2, the next day 6 to 12 !! One pound to 12 pounds 13 ozs.and 34 inchs long, with Kokanee salmon in every other one or so. Bald Eagles we see every day at north shore !! An Adult Maganzer was diving next to US Yesterday and A HUGH Brown or Mackinaw Came out of the Water ( 30 feet awat) like a Great White and Nailed the Bird and Took it Under the Waves and IT NEVER CAME UP AGAIN !!! We Were Speakless !!! The waters cleared instantly ....... and it appeared as tho....Nothing had Happened !!! It happened so Fast ,it was Unbelieveable !! It leaped out of the Water and , with mouth open and Hit the Bird on the Downward Path back into the water !!!We just happened to be looking at the Poor Bird Right Then , otherwise we would have missed it :o :o :o!!!! I have seen them hit birds underneath the water ..and injure or drag underneath the Waves ..... But Never as Agressive as this !!! we were mack fishing off Dollar then in 200 feet then !!! WOW !! I still can't beleive It !!!! :o Aloha !!! gst :-X

Captain Compassion
06-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Perhaps take a decoy, attach hooks and slap on the Pro Cure...... :D 8-) Huge brown. Thanks Gene.

CC

Captain Compassion
06-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Do they make Pro Cure in duck flavor? ;D

CC

Jetspray
06-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Injured fish look, dying fish smell and wham. I like that, thanks for finding out the right speed too 3.5 mph. Bird catching?, ain't nature grand. Mimic the bird and action and you may have that baby.......Jetspray

Captain Compassion
06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Try this Gene. ;) ;D *::) 8-)

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ducklure.jpg

CC

Jetspray
06-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Wonder what the tail action on Donald would be like, all spread eagle like that with a trailing blade pushing the hook.....Jetspray

Gill Collector
06-09-2009, 06:16 AM
It might catch a "Daisy" of a fish!

Nice brownie! Photos? :-?

Mr_Ed
06-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Might have been a big fish that got tired of watching mergangers stealing its dinner !!

That must be a weird sensation as the fish heads into deep water, listning to the birds body and bones snap ,crack and pop as the water pressure increases !!

Wounder if it was just payback time or that it actually swallowed it?
I can understand fuzzy ducklings but all those feathers ??

Great story, Gene.....................

St._Denis
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I have looked at the Lake's Surface for many A Year and this Was the First Time I had Seen anything Like it Before !!! Gave Us the Willys ... that's for Sure !!! It was just like watching the film of a Great White Taking a Seal on Top of the Water and Leaping out of the water with the seal in it's Mouth... And that's what Happened the Monster fish followed the bird up to the surface and just as the bird came up and tried to Swallow it's 8 inch Kokanee Meal ... :o.... BAM the Giant Fish Launched out of the water and came Down on the Poor Bird and Drove it Under the Waves with a leg, Head , and one wing sticking Out !!! :o :o *And All the water was Glass and Silence... as tho... nothing had been there.. ....... Limits of Macks for a Boat load in 1 hour and 45 minutes today 1.5 to 4.9 pounds !!! * Aloha !! * *gst * *:-X

St._Denis
06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
The 12 pound 9 oz.Tahoe Loch Leven Brillant Silver Brown had a Belly full of Small Crawdads... about 8 or so ... 1.5 inchs to 3 inchs long.....and Lady Bugs...Orange Meat.....no Birds....But large sharp Teeth on lower Jaw...with some Missing....... :o .......However, I must Say that Capt. Compassion Is On to Something With the the "Donald Duck Flutter Lures" !!! Capt. do they come in Double Flutter ????..............................Aloha !!! *gst * *:-X

BrownTownUtah
06-11-2009, 09:14 AM
LET'S SEE THE PICS..PLEASE... 12.9# brown and no pics????