PDA

View Full Version : Last week at Spicer

dobies
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Fished Spicer last Tues, Wed and Thurs.

Tues. Got on the water about 8:00 am. Cold, cloudy and beautiful... A friend and I went out for a couple of hours then picked up the wives for the lunch cruise.

Got 4 in the boat and a couple of LDR's by 10:30.... the sky got darker and darker.... a few spits of rain and then wham!! heavy rain and a mad dash to the dock before the lighting hit..... the black apex hooked 3 and various pink Koke lures grabbed the others. Worm trailers on all ... pink or green dodgers. Weights at 20 ft.. 2nd line at 8 to 10'.

Wed... a slow day... 3 in the boat... same set ups... got blown off the water by 11:00. Friends departed for home. Camp fire was very useful.... Temps were cold!

Thurs..... Left the dock in the boat.... left the worms in the trailer.... heck with the worms... (most trollers always use worm trailers in Spicer... we always have and have done well)

So a change in strategy was required... didn't want a repeat of Wed... Sooooo... flasher strings off the balls... Rapala minnows... straight and broken... 25 ft OTW.. 15 fish in 2 hrs.

And the keepers were nice!! Largest was 16", most 13 to 15.. never kept a 12"er!

So Fri morn we decide to stay one more day.... up at 6.... COLD!
A few drops of rain on the camp fire.... COLDER... naw... lets go home. So I'm getting the boat ready and realize how cold my hands are... I look up and yep, it's snowing. We keep packing and pulled out at 7:30... snow's sticking to the ground and the road is gett'n white. Hwy 4 was slushy ... Saw 3 separate spin-out tracks and broken road signs..... we crept down the hill and were relieved when the road turned black and wet!!

Great trip... another 20 degrees would of been nice but that's the mountains in early June.... Best part.... we always meet a lot of nice folks at Spicer!

Dobies

reeltor
06-09-2009, 05:08 AM
Dobies- glad to hear you had a great time at Spicer. Glad you found some of those larger fish. I had heard it snowed on Friday - it was a crazy week weather-wise along Hwy 4. Sounds like you didn't have any problem launching or hitting the NoParking sign.

Reeltor

kokanee slow
06-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the nice report. Sounds like good adventure and good fishing on your part.

dobies
06-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Reeltor, .. no ramp issues. The dock is in and the water is still rising... judging from the water stain line on the South "wall", lake may be 6 ft from capacity.

Can't see the top of the no-parking sign.... must be on the East side of the dock. Just to be safe, we stayed on the West side.

Dobies