PDA

View Full Version : davis tips, anyone?

dHb
06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
we're headin out for davis next week. first time i'll be able to fish it from a boat. i'm pretty stoked just due to the possibility of hookin up with a hog. if anyone has any tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

dhb

PaulN
06-04-2009, 01:50 PM
have always done well there with flashers either on downrigger or leadcore...behind that either a worm, little dick nite, or needlefish. fished the river channel and around the main island. I know people do well other places inthe lake aas well but these areas always produce for me.

Antonio_Banderas
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Seems like trolling around Honker Cove and the island near the south end of the lake is the real hot spot from what if heard from just about everyone. We shore fished on our trip with limited results. Spent a good block of time at Mallard on the southeast shore and guys fishing straight off the point were knocking em dead with crawlers, everyone else was barely getting bit on with gulp, lures, etc. . . Spent 4 days at Davis with the homies thru all sorts of wind and snow in last April, it is an AWESOME place. *. *.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2425/lakedavisrocks.jpg

fishmaster
06-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I was there a couple weeks ago. 5-20 feet OTW. White or red #! and #2 needlefish worked well for us. Alot of people swear by the chrome/red Dickie nites. That lake is loaded with fish!