PDA

View Full Version : Trolling at night?

TnKfishing
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Has anyone tried? I've caught other fishing by doing this how about trout?

Jetspray
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Works with a full moon but most lakes have restrictions on fishing before sunrise, read the regs.....Jetspray

Mackattack
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I've seen the after math of those that boat at night. Not a pretty site in my mind. Go to sleep to fish another day my friend. Or bank it that works.

Mackattack

bigdewy
05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/shrk.gif

crank_bait
05-26-2009, 06:45 AM
boating at night is just flat out dangerous. if you must, anchor, turn on your navigation lights, and fish your heart out. (btw.....be ready to fight the mosquitos and bugs....)

ReelJerks
05-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I have done this on more than a few occasions, with mixed results.
Things you MUST have before embarking on this type of excursion are excellent knowledge of the body of water targeted; a very good sonar unit with your course pre-mapped (trail); working running lights; working flood/spot light; more than enough battery(s) life.

I've tried small light sticks in-line; leadcore line; flat-lining mono; riggers deep. One thing I am convinced of, and I haven't done it, is the use of an electric trolling motor. This is just a theory, but if you are the ONLY boat out there, a small gas motor makes tons of noise. Not like fishing in the day light.

Also......if you are very very quiet, you can here the LOVE on the lake at night :o

I don't do this any longer due to an inability to stay awake after 8 pm..

Edd

TnKfishing
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Thank you for all the input. I'm going to give it a try. I've done a lot of night fishing for bass on lake's like Amador Big O and Clear lake but just got in to the trout recently. One thing I know it's so much more peaceful fishing with out all the lice and skiers.

crank_bait
05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
skallywag.....i love that you admit that you too have a problem staying awake past eight....i just didn't have big enough "bobbers" to admit it.....!! ;D