PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake Roll Call

FISHERWALLY
05-19-2009, 12:13 PM
O.k. its been pretty quiet on E.L. I should be up there this weekend for the opener was just wondering how many other sniffers will be out this weekend. Water level is about like last year should be ok for launching. Should be some nice weather for the opener weekend. Tight lines to all and good luck where ever you might be fishing. I wish everyone a safe Memorial weekend. Fish on. :)

fisherwally (john) ;)

duckhuntwater-guy
05-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I will be up at Eagle on Friday with TCTrout. Looking forward to a great opener. Looks like rain the following weekend.

DHWG

Fisheries Advocate
05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I heard that a local Eagle Lake group was growing larger fish to be released in Eagle. Does anyone know how many? I understand that the group raises funds to grow trophy fish and I wonder how much they made last year and if they used all that money to grow bigger fish. Sounds like something we need to know.

thanks Inland Fisheries Advocate :o

justhoppen
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I cancelled my trip, got a little spooked about ramp conditions with a lot of boats. Look forward to weekend reports.
Good luck out there.

Chester
05-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Dana and I will be there. Looking foward to the great weather this year :)

gfishes
05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I went up to Eagle Lake on Saturday to see for myself what the conditions are for launching at the marina...launching is going to call for a lot of patience, since folks with larger boats will only have the left ramp (looking down)...the Sheriff's boat is in the water...a ski boat launched with little problem...the problem is maneuvering out, since there is a sand bar directly out from the launch...I asked the folks at the Marina Store if it was going to be removed, and they said it is being "negotiated." If that sand bar is still there, the "O Dark Thirty" folks who are not aware of it may have some problems...if you are coming up, you might want to look at it Friday to see for yourself...see Val's report at www.eaglelakefishing.net...she, as usual, has valuable information, especially regarding jet boats.. As far as the question regarding the group releasing larger fish into the lake, it is known as Project Eagle Lake Trout it is a group of locals up at Spaulding...they have two fundraisers each season...one around the 4th of July, and another on Labor Day...they have a barbeque, raffle, etc...the guides are there with their boats presenting clinics...Sep Hendrickson usually MC's the raffle...the money raised is used to raise the trout and is matched by the Inland Fisheries Foundation...they really are fun and informative affairs...it is something us Sniffers who fish Eagle should get behind and support when possible.

Jetspray
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I will be doing a pre-relative fishing trip just to see how the camps are, hopefully next week. I hope to see some of you up there so go get'em.....Jetspray

fish10plus
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Where abouts is eagle I cant find it on googleearth?

gfishes
05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Lassen County...near Susanville.

fish10plus
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
thanks but thats alittle to far for me good luck out there Tight lines to all going

Ketchum
05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
11th year in a row, I will be there!

Can't wait. Just spent hours spit shining the boat. Tying flies, checking oil, and greasing fittings. How long is that first color of leadcore? Does that brass cripplelure need a polish? Woah, how many backup navagation light bulbs do I have? Check, check and check.

Sunrise/Sunset Table? Push-pole for them shallers? Flashlights, beer and raingear? Check!

Yeah, I'm ready. Will be up at spaulding at the Castaway House (the big dome house right before you hit the launch ramp). All sniffers are invited to come by for a cocktail....

But dont' look at my fly-vise. Then I would have to kill you! :D

dave_in_el_dorado
05-20-2009, 07:13 AM
know exactly how you feel ketchum, very exciting to plan and execute an eagle lake trip......funny post there.....

Kevo
05-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Will be there havent been since I was 5 thats 20 years! Give a wave gonna be in my little camo duck boat ;)

mufishen
05-20-2009, 08:21 AM
My wife and I will head to Eagle on Memorial day. I don't know how I got so lucky, My wife and I have celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Aspen campground for the last 6 years. Tell Karen we will be there, and I'll bring my horn for a little sunset camp music...Patrick

loose_goose
05-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I'll be there with 7 buddys.....were staying at the east side resort area (dont know the name) but theres a ramp there too. Does anybody know anything about that ramp and conditions?

gfishes
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
www.eaglelakefishing.net

duckhuntwater-guy
05-20-2009, 11:13 AM
loose_goose,

I’m staying at the North end of the lake in Spaulding. The ramp there is the same condition as last opener, about 2.5-feet to 3-feet in depth. It shouldn’t be an issue to launch at Spaulding. The South launch at Gallatin Marina is not as fortunate. There is a big sand bar in the way of one side of the launch area, so you would have to navigate around the sand bar and at 4:30 AM in the morning, good luck. :o Give me a shout opening morning on 69.

DHWG

DAN
05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Spaulding area is 2.5 in. to 3 in. in depth or are you talking feet?

FISHERWALLY
05-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey Dan he has to mean feet I just talked to val and I think she said she launched at spalding. She also said the ramp at gat was in 18" to 24".

john ;)

duckhuntwater-guy
05-21-2009, 05:18 AM
I met feet. I corrected my post.

FISHERWALLY
05-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Ok people I started this post but I have to get on the road, I will be fishing Almanor tomorrow morning and then to Susanville for the kids and Grand kids picking them up going to Antelope lake for the Evening and then back to the there house and get ready for the opener at Eagle. I have lost my hand heald radio so I wont be able to talk out on the water, but I have a little 16 ft Greggor with a 25 hp johnson and a pair of walker auto retrive down riggers, I will be with my Son and maybe one or two Grandkids. I wish you all a Great trip catch lots of fish and most of all you all be safe. Tight lines.

fisherwally (john) ;)

danlbee
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
We will be there as well. My son and I. No sniffer stars on this boat yet, but we will be in a 16ft crestliner & 25hp mercury staying on the south end at christie camp. Good luck

loose_goose
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks all for great heads up info..........we'll be at Stones Landing and don't know if the ramp is OK :-? :-? Called there with no return call...........anyway, we will launch somewhere.......GL to all....be on 69