PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Butts and Stripers on Friday. 1st time this season

Big_Daddy_Whaler
09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm going out this friday out of oyster point, chasing butts and stripers and any action.
It's been a busy year so this is my first trip this season. Asking to see whats the best area.
I thought of the usual spots. Angel Island, rock wall, Alcatraz, distance is not issue. I'll be out in a Outrage 25. Looking for some ideas.

Big_Daddy_Whaler
09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Went out friday, like I said. Hit the rockwall on the outgo. Came into four leapord sharks and half of dozen scratched baits, also came across one bat ray. Hit Treasure Island for the incoming. One soupin
shark, one under size halibut. This is the funniest thing that got landed there. While drifting I thought I became snagged. I reeled and pulled and up it came though, except extremely heavy. I pulled and reeled and up it came. Someones net. Here is the funny thing. There was a leopard shark inside, dead though. While drifting My hook snagged the the net and up it came. Drop me a line if that was your net and fish. I'll drop off. Had great day out. Its been a long time coming. Thanks

Thorn747
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Great story Big-D! I had a hali swim away with my gaff a few months ago in the Berkeley Flats.... If you hook it let me know. (Only halibut of the day and I dropped the damn gaff)

hansolo2009
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Great report! Did you go out by yourself? What did you use for bait?

Big_Daddy_Whaler
09-25-2009, 12:16 PM
No I didn't go by this time. Usually I do. I bought herring, sardines and anchoives. Most of the action came on sardines. I did forget to mention there were alot of bait boils from the lower section of the rock wall to the tip of bay farm island.

Farrier_Frank
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Drop me a line if that was your net and fish. I'll drop off.

[smiley=rotfl2.gif]

jdecker
09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't think I would claim the net if I were the one to lose it.

CRABBY
09-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Big D,great post an story,an by youself all the time,PM me an I'll be glad to go with you an share costs,no Q asked.any day any time,want some Butts!Don

Fishmeister
09-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Couple of years ago I was fishing in Michigan for salmon and caught one with a boca grip in it's mouth.