PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to Almanor Lately?

shake-n-bake
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Heading up to Almanor on Wednesday for a few days of fishing, I have never been there, anyone have any hints or tips.

Thanks
S&B

achin2fish
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey there......check out this web site http://www.bigdaddyfishing.com/ he really knows what going on there..if you are fishing from shore try down by canyon dam.....good luck 8-)

iggybob44
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Also consider Hamilton Branch if shore fishing....If the powerhouse is in operation,between its flow and the creek there should be plenty of water coming in,and its likely that some big rainbows will be getting ready to attempt going up the creek to spawn

Zebco Kid
05-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Shake-N-Bake,

Just came back from there on Sunday. I did zero on Saturday, but I'm told it was unusually slow. If it is, I highly recommend a trip to Butt Lake. Although the trout aren't quite as big, 18" is nothing to be sad about. Also, it's very intimate, if smaller waterways are your thing. I prefer that setting. We were out there with only two other boats. I think it might be a bit more protected from the wind as well (maybe). The water does fluctuate there. Finally, there are a ton (I do mean a ton) of trees in the water, so this is an early season trolling spot when you'll be up high. It took me all day to figure out, but there are fewer trees in the center of the lake, heading toward the dam. Naked night crawlers and grubs were the ticket a couple days ago. I wouldn't bother with dodgers and slingblades, as you will (without a doubt) lose a few on trees.

By the way, I'm going to see the Oregon Fisherman this coming Monday at Diamond Lake, OR. Should be a blast.

DG

shake-n-bake
05-12-2009, 05:05 PM
DG,

Good to hear from you again, sounds just like my luck hopefully the lake will turn on this week. Tell Oregon fisherman *hello from the Raider Nation. Good luck at Butt Lake. Iwill post a report when I get back.

S&B

shake-n-bake
05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks achin2fish and iggybob44, I knew I could count on the sniffer trout board to come through. I wil post a report when I get back next week.

S&B