PDA

View Full Version : 1st Timer to Del Valle-Where to Fish?

JazeeJeff
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Newbie here guys, so bear with me. My few friends and I want to take a little trip to Del Valle either Thursday or Friday morning. We're just not to sure where to go. Here's the catch,

1) these guys are more Powerbait/Nightcrawler Fishermen.
2) some can't swim, so a renting a boat is out of the question.
3) some of them can probably lose a few pounds, so hiking to a spot is out.

Basically, without revealing your "secret" spots, is there anywhere near the parking lots, or Marina where we can fish for Trout, and stand a decent chance of catching a limit or two? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Woody
05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
JazeeJeff First Welcome to the boards it is always nice to hear reports fro new sniffers.

With your requirements I would suggest fishing to the left of the marina before the swim area or just to right of the launch. You can even drive down the ramp and drop everything off then go park if you fish the right side of the ramp.

Have fun and we look forward to your first report good or bad.
Woody

mikeandkristy
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
We have caught some nice trout fishing just left of the docks along the rocky wall.
Mostly anywhere along the shore near there will do.
You can also take the left fork when you enter the park and fish from shore across the lake opposite the swim area.

Good luck!!! ;D
Mike and Kristy.

JazeeJeff
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

rncm1986
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I will be heading out to Lake Del Valle next week and my friends are planning on renting a boat. Does anyone mind telling me the hot spots in that lake?

mikeandkristy
05-06-2009, 06:10 PM
If you are bait fishing like we usually do go near the buoys
across from the boat launch.
Another good spot is the beach to the left of the dam, We call it tarantula beach because we play with them there. Got pics on our my space.
Del Valle is fickle. We have caught huge trout there, also with pics on my space. But be warned we have been skunked more times at Del Valle then anywhere else.

Keeps drawing us back.
Mike and Kristy. :o