PDA

View Full Version : skunked at Collins

fishnchips
04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
could not believe it...4 hours and only 2 bites and not a single fish in the boat...the water color is so off I don't think the fish could see neon lights in front of them.....if the water ever clears there are going to be some very hungry fish in Collins Lake

Trickytrucker
04-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Don't feel too bad, *my brother and I fished Collins almost all day last Saturday and only got 3 bites. *Had a bass on in a cove but lost him at the boat. *Water was stained. *

Good luck next time,

Trickytrucker [smiley=fishing1.gif]

916towerguy
04-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Just got home from the Project Kokanee Derby. I will post the details later but we got two one nice size but there were some hogs pulled out of the lake today.

Hof
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Hmmm. Collins was on my list of options for tomorrow. Still might go because the kids have a blast there. Trailin_it, I'm looking forward to your report on the derby. I Might hit berryessa or oroville instead if the water clarity is that bad.

Hof

DUNNIGAN JIM
04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Fished the CIFF DERBY today also. *Caught 11 fish nothing over 15". We did see some big fish over 6# at the weigh in. Had a great day on the water with two other fishing buddies. Water was stained we used pink apex-pink spinners-dodgers and nite crawler-scent was garlic. All were caught top lining..

catcher_on_the_fly
04-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Ive been a collins year pass holder for a few years,that is about as clear as it gets! I fished at least once a week since jan.,its been a challenge to catch em this season,but the lake rainbow record went down this week,some older gal with a pink lure.(13lbs4oz) The bite is usually here already and seems to die off in early june,it looks like a small window this year.