PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle

Johnnyappleseed
04-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Took my son and daughter out today. Got on the lake at 8:00, had first fish on at 8:15, then nothing....
Trolled to the dam and back with firetiger, black and silver, clowns, and a few others.
Like clock work the wind kicked up at 1:00 so we loaded up and took off. Still a fun day. With the kids getting bigger ( both in high school) always look forward for these types of days.
Anyways, saw a few other with small catches, Easter must have really put the pressure on.

firetrout
04-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I was there today as well. Don't know if I saw you Johnny? I was in a blue silver Lund trolling all day til 1:30. We tried the south end first off, then to Swallow and Heron Bay. We ended up with 12 to the boat. All were small sizes. No one area did that well for us today. We had best strikes with J7 Rapalas and silver cripple lure.

Most everyone we talked with had 0-3 fish today. I saw only 2 fish that went about 5 lbs.

I do think Easter crowd did some damage to the bite. :( Weather was pretty good today.

Blktailhunter
04-13-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll be there tomorrow and Wednesday trolling the Del Valle "spinners". * ;)Hope the Easter weekend hammering didn't give them lockjaw. *Keeping my finger and toes crossed.

jesballs
04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
isnt tomarrow going to be really windy?