PDA

View Full Version : 4/2/09 McClure Again

twoelk48
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
* * Well I did it again I forgot to get the darn chip back in the camera so sorry folks no pics today. *Connor started slaying them with first fish in the boat at 7am as I was trying to set out 4 poles. *Best I could do for the first hour was get out 3 poles in rotation as Conner cranked in fish after fish and gramps baited hook after hook. *Come 8 am and limit one is in the boat, come 9 am and limit 2 is in the boat.
* * Today we mixed it up for you folks again by starting about a half a mile below where we started yesterday in the pics. *There were two guys anchored up on the left side across from the tree fishing power bait and they wee slaying them too. *Saw several other boats trolling in the vicinity but no stars today.
* * Connor goes back to Mills Creek Washington tomorrow so Ill see him off and start gettiing ready for Pryamid. *Saturday Kyle and I are joining up and will be looking *for those kings and kokes on Don Pedro with some other friends. *Kent

ron_nielsen
04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I would think between you and Kyle you guys would have cleaned the lake out . thanks for your reports but I miss the pics today.

See you on the water
Capt Ron

kokaneeCommander
04-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Kent, thats great so sent your grandson home with a smile and a ton of fish stories to share. I'll be on McClure on Sat. I'll try yo on the vhr from there. Last time I was able to talk to N8luvstofish on pardee from the dam at camanche. Good luck on Pedro.

kaddog
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Kent-

glad to hear your grandson had a great trip............. Have you heard if the dam area is still doing well? *Haven't been to McClure for a while maybe I should try up-river. *What do you think :-?

FISHNJIM
04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Fellas... Just wondering how the Wind situation is up at McClure.. I have a good size pontoon, dont really wanna fight the wind all day.

FISHNJIM

04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
There are plenty of places to hide from the wind, I try and fish the wind blown banks, they seem to be the top producers. Shoot me a PM and I can help you out further.

twoelk48
04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Supposedly the winds should be ok for Sat. April 4th so I would suggest launching off either one of the ramps . What is important to me is being on the water and dropping lines in by 7 am at the latest for a suscuessful day. Next is depth thats why I like using sliders in front of dodgers to quickly change the depth or rubber core sinkers. If you try fishing above Hunters Point it is narrow so you do not have a lot of room to make turns. Kent

el_hombre70
04-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Man, that was a long trip home.. :'( But we are back in Seattle safe and sound.

Thanks for the great trip Dad, we had a blast. Hopefully, you can make it up here and we can catch some Kings 8-)

Kyle, great to meet you. Anytime your up this way, give me a shout and well see if we can put some fish in the Jolly Ranger.

209fisher
04-05-2009, 06:00 PM
havent you and kyle emptyed the trout out of there yet *? waterford fisher

wagle
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
twoelk48, That's really cool taking your grand son fishing, if your like me,i can't spend enough time with my grand son. they'll remember you for it long after your gone!!! good for you!!!
ron