PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Thursday 3/26

HookedForLife
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Launched at 8 AM, went straight to Hat Island and, after less than 15 minutes of trolling, was surprised by a hawg on! Weighed in at 6 pounds, caught on a Sep's orange grub just below the surface. Could have called it a day then and been happy, but decided to troll for 3 more hours between Hat and the Dam for only two short strikes and no fish. Wind came up so tried near Hat Island again for another hawg - 5 pounder on an F-9 Firetiger Rapala OTW at 18', then nothing, so ran to calmer waters at the Narrows - nothing again! Heading back to North Shore Marina, things broke loose on the Firetiger - one 4-pounder, one 15-incher, one 2.5 pound bass, and another hawg lost at the boat. Quit at 4 PM. Amazing day of peaks and lulls in the action!

kokemachine83
03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Way to go, Mark!!! Man was it windy. Good going!! Looks like those Rainbows still want those Rapala's. I'm heading over to Pardee, Tomorrow. Just going to do some scouting around. Hope to see you on the water soon. Berryessa for sure. Keep in touch and rock the 80's.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

aquaman
03-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice report. Where are the pictures?

fis-n-fool
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM
way to stick with it you put some nice fish in the boat

kokaneeCommander
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the report HFL, In all it sounds like you had a great day on the water. Got pics? Nick "kokaneeCommander"

bing15
03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Good job gettin them!! thanks for the post!!

egg
03-27-2009, 08:13 PM
NICE DAY !! happen to remember what the water temperature was ?

Jonezin2fish
03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice Job HFL! Hoping to get out there this weekend but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Got business in the Bay Area to do darnit. Gotta take the biz while it's there these days!

HookedForLife
03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
I have a couple of pictures on my digital camera, but still don't know how to post them. Will give it a serious attempt in the near future. It's too bad we can't simply send pics as an attachment, like I do on emails to friends.

Don't know the water temp, as my fishfinder doesn't have it. I just put my hand in the water and guess. Seems like it's in the mid-50s. I recently bought a new Hummingbird Combo Fishfinder with water temp and GPS, but haven't put it on my boat yet.

One thing that has helped me land the bigger trout is putting larger treble hooks (Gamakatsu Treble, Round Bend, Size 6) on my F-9 Rapalas. Also, Gamakatsu Size 4 baitholder hooks on the grubs, rather than the thinwired worm hooks, which can bend when big fish thrash on the surface.

The fellow at the North Shore gate said stocking was going to occur either yesterday or today at South Shore, so fishing should stay good for awhile.

I have one more launch on my Camanche punchcard, then I will switch my focus to Berreyessa and Oroville. Hope to meet some of you guys out there. I have FishSniffer stars on my Klamath now.