PDA

View Full Version : Any San Pablo Reports

SHigSpeed
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm heading out tomorrow, any hints, tips, reports?

Most likely tubing/'toonin chuckin' flies and hardware.

Thanks!

_SHig

mwcoleman
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey Speed, There's a forum called Nor Cal, it's a kayak fishing forum. Here's a link to a San Pablo report to check out.
Link Removed....

I was there a couple of weeks ago with no results, however some were hitting with rainbow powerbait. Small Rapala's seem to do well there if the water is clear also grubs are worth a try. My FF had them down around 25 30 feet. Good Luck

acor87
03-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I havent heard of anything recently SHigSpeed, but hopefully ill have something for you tomorrow after i get back. I'll be on the bank though, but atleast its something

mwcoleman
03-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Well I guess they don't like the competition so they removed the link. Well if you want to read it go to NorCal Kayak Anglers, you might have to sign in but it's in "forum/fishing reports/San Pablo Mutant Trout Slayed by NCKA."
Once again, Gook Luck

SHigSpeed
03-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, hit it today with my brother. Float tube and pontoon. Water is still pretty murky with my fins only visible for a couple of feet if that.

That said, my fly fishing pretty much sucked due to limited visibility I'm guessing, but my brother managed to get four fish to net using a black roadrunner jig. I was happy for him because it was the first time he'd been fishing in a LONG time and I set him up with everything he needed.

Some shore fishing was hot, most not. One family of three took out 13, while a couple guys who poached their spot after they left got skunk in like 4 hours!

Nice lake, a bit too big for my tastes, and the visibility definitely hobbled me today.

_SHig

chris_fish
03-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I got a 2 pound trout today from the beach area on a swimbait.

SHigSpeed did you catch any bass?

justonebite
03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I was at san pablo on Wednesday, we launched at 9am, trolled with dodgers and rapalas, spoons, grubs, kastmasters ect. no bites all morning! Around 3pm we decided to park the boat in a cove and ended up landing 8 trout up to 15" on rainbow power eggs in a matter of 2 hours. the water was really murky.

acor87
03-21-2009, 11:49 PM
went out from 6-11 today, fished the shore, a few small bites but no good takes... used powerworms, power eggs, all kinds of powerbait, and some yum and nothing. I guess ill try again soon, hopefully my luck will change

LastBassActionHero
03-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Was out there on 3/18 fished from 7-2 on a boat had 2 limits by noon. The biggest one was around 3.5 pounds. Seemed pretty slow for most of the other boats, but me and my buddy were consistently pulling in fish all day. Wouldn't mind being out there this week!!

SHigSpeed
03-22-2009, 09:30 AM
No bass for me. Seems really hit and miss. Bait with smell and lures with flash seem to be the ticket. The guys at the booth say that for some reason the trout bite has really turned on in the last week even though they haven't planted in a while.

Go get 'em!

_SHig

proudpapa
03-22-2009, 01:27 PM
My son and I fished there last sunday from 8a til about 2p. Had one nice 18inch full tail taker on yellow power eggs. That fish came within 10minutes of us being there. That was our action for the day. We fished below the main rec area left of the fishing pier. There was a group that went out directly across the lake that nailed 3 big fish on lime green power bait. One 7lb, 5.22lb. and 3.5lb. After watching them come back and forth to weigh there catches I was tempted to run up and rent a boat :D Told my son next time we'll rent a boat and give that spot a try. ;)

jmeds
03-22-2009, 02:20 PM
i think i'm gonna hit san pablo friday. i actually caught a 40 inch sturgeon last year with 4# test.