PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Bank Fishing -3/16/09

acousticrain
03-16-2009, 09:15 PM
So I went to Bass Pro Shop for first time and that was fun..I swear I could spend a whole day there, I got me a brand new Ugly Stick, love it..anyway..My initial plan was to go to Lake Amador but I realized that since it was late it wasn't worth spending the 20 something dollars to go for a few hours. So I got to Pardee around 130 and started bank fishing by the Marina then went into a few other coves, was using powerbait, crawlers, but not a single bite. Luckily I had my cast iron with me so I cooked up a few sausages I got from Lockeford meats, yum..Even though I didn't catch any fish I still had a nice time relaxing and being out there, and watching the sunseting. Maybe next time I'll get a few hits. ;)

Since I don't have any fish pics check out this crazy looking skeleton of a fish I found, this was a big fish at somepoint!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3439/3362254810_2b057c3732.jpg?v=0

Duckmanhoov
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Cool pic, looks like a catfish.

Lockford Meats a must, we stop and buy stuff every time we head up that way :)

fis-n-fool
03-17-2009, 04:38 AM
you forgot the clear floats and power worms

fish_junky
03-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Sorry about the skunk. Sounds like you had fun any way. You'll get'em next time.

takinNames
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I was out there fishing with my cousin on Sat. (The day they planted). He got his limit and I got SKUNKED. Guys all around me were hooking up left and right but I could not get a bite.

I had the same clear bubble and same Powerworm..but not a bite all day.

fish10plus
03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Wasnt it hard casting 2rods conected to the same setup. LOL sorry couldnt resest. But i hate when that happens to me when Im throwing the same type of setup as the people that are catching all the fish.

PapaGreg
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
:)Took the grandsons Saturday, the youngest caught the only fish!

The plant truck came and the only guy we saw catching fish was as close as he could legally be to the ramp.

When he left, another guy moved in and was getting hits, but only managed two before we left.

Hit it this morning on the way home, NADA!!!!!

And that was trying all the usual suspects, clear bubble/wooly bugger, pwer worms, eggs and power bait.
Only thing I didn't try because I had none was crawlers.

Some people were even using bobbers, but had no luck.