PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Dam Mar. 15, 2009

mikeandkristy
03-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Good fishing despite the weather at San Pablo sunday March 15th.

6 Trout - Mike-4 Kristy 2
Our friend Chris-2
This was our 7th fishing day this year.
Our total so far in 09 is 50 fish.
Overcast,Rain,Wind.
We got up at 5am and got to the lake at 7:30. It rained all the way there but had stopped when we first hit the water.
We motored out to Graveyard cove and got there at 7:41.
Just after we parked at shore our buddy Chris found a large 16" trout dazed and flopping on the beach. He picked it up and said " No skunk today " Funny. We didn"t *keep it because we didn't know what might be wrong with it. ewwww!
It kept raining here and there so the rain poncho's I bought came in handy.
At 8:25- Kristy caught a 14" trout on orange sparkle power eggs and a fake green worm - let go.
9:03- Kristy caught the big fish of the day. It was a fat 18" trout on orange power eggs and a green worm, kept.
9:18- Chris caught a 17" trout on soft rainbow power bait. kept.
11:10- Mike- caught a nice 171/2" trout on orange sparkle power eggs and a fake green worm-let go.
12:48- Mike landed a 16" trout on the same orange/green worm combo-let go.
1:01- Mike caught a 16" trout on the very same combo,kept.
1:26- Chris- got a 15" trout on a half pumped worm and two green power eggs-kept it.
1:32- Mike caught a small 13" trout on white power eggs and a fake green worm, it was hurt so we had to keep it.
After 2:00 we were hit by a large rain cell and just got pelted.
We motored back to just right of the boat launch.
There we drift fished for a while with no luck.
We left at 4:30, got our band and made it home by 4:50.
The weather really tested us today but at least we all walked away with fish!
Oh yea, Kristy Jumped out of the boat when we were at shore and fell backwards into the water and totally soaked her booty Hee Hee! Always bring x-tra cloths my friends.
Thats it till next weekend, Wonder where we will go next.....
Mike and Kristy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * {Our Weekly Fishing Blog}

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=4469920 10

hqly2001
03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
great report. I guess the fishing is better at the reservior this year? In the past, you can't catch anything until april/may.. fish just won;t bite.

I've fished there before and have never heard of Graveyard Cove, where is that at? IS it near Bobber Beach or Scow Canyon?

crappieman67
03-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Great report, nice to hear SPD is kicking out some fish. Okay you got me been fishing the dam for 30 years never heard od grave yard cove? It has to be between boober beach and scow canyon A.

Chris

Mickey_Thomas
03-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the boards mikeandkristy, good report, keep them coming ;)Having trouble with your blog, here's the message it's giving

Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted
What does that mean? :(

mikeandkristy
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Micky,

Not sure what happened to the link, but I think I fixed it.

try

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=4469920 10

As for graveyard cove, it the 1st cove to the left in the arm that goes way up near the Dam.

acor87
03-16-2009, 05:13 PM
hi mike and kristy, would u think that the poweregg and worm combo would work off of the bank as well? i usually fish there alot but this is the first time that i am going to go this year. ive usually had good luck with plain old power bait but i guess ill have to try the eggs. and last question, what type of worms do you use? power worms? thanks for any info

mikeandkristy
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
ACOR87,

Yes, I think the same setup would work from the shore..we ran the boat up on shore when we caught those fish...

As for worms,

We used to use live worms and worked well.. but at San Pablo we found
that a fake Power worm floating helped the power eggs we were using.

Hope this helps

Mike and Kristy