PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 3/14

baileyrj
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
On the water by 7 a.m., fished until 1 p.m. from the marina at deer creek to the dam. *Toplined, ran lead core and used the downrigger and the only two bites were one from drop shotting rainbow Power Bait near the dam and the other on a Rapala minnow that was being long/top lined. *LOTS of fish on the finder, most very deep...but not much action at all. *Many boats on the water but I didnít notice anyone catching anything. * *Would love to hear from anyone else who fished Pine Flat today. *There was a water skier on the water already today...uggghhhhhh... *

Trapper43
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
You are fishing the wrong end of the lake. Go up by the powerlines.

baileyrj
03-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. *On a whim, we decided to launch at the first ramp which obviously didnt work out so well. *Next time we'll launch from Lombardos.

bretmoua
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
My brothers and I were out there on a hunting/fishing combo and there must have been at least 20 boats trolling the powerline/windy gap area. From what I can see, everyone was hooking up on fish.
My trolling motor batteries died on me so I didn't get a chance to troll. We did, however, slowly drifted and cast out silver/white rooster tails, super dooper, gold/white kastmasters and were catching fish. We did see big schools of trout chasing the lure at one time or another.
Good luck next time.