PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 3-14-09

gills
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
On the water with my son and my buddy Ernesto, started of kinda slow my Son Andrew hits a 3.4lber in the Cozway so it all started after that. Did I mention we misplaced our scale somehow.

Arsenal of the day was f9 in trout color and the hot steel with treadfin shad pro cure.

My reel starts screaming and a battle later I land a whopping 9.8lb hogg.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4355/camanche31409030.jpg

Then a little later my buddy Ernestos up and lands this beauty of a fish it came in at 7.14lbs.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2598/camanche31409031.jpg

I want to thank Koke machine and Rich for the use of their scale..

We ened up with 6 total and called it a day about 3pm.

Here is my Son Andrew with the Gills designed board..

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5865/camanche31409038.jpg

Had alot of chat on the radio with Froggie and Tortuga, Koke Machine, GVF (save me some lures)

Tight Lines

Gills

EddieTee
03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the pic's Gills, I was out there today also and heard you on the radio. Way to go Big Guy!!
Eddie Tee ;)

Jonezin2fish
03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh man you guys are KILLIN' me. Nice job gills! Having to take care of biz around the house this weekend after being ill most of the week or I would be out there with ya....see you guys next time! I'm makin' fish tacos tonight out of the last catch we had up there...

TroutWagon
03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Right on gills nice hogs, looks like camanche is still hog heaven right now! If the rain is light, i'll be swinging through that area later than sooner so I might as well fish ;)Thanks for the report

TW

egg
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
that does it ! i was teetering on going out tomorrow..... now i'll be out there for sure.

Mr_Ed
03-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Those are some great looking trout................

You guys down there have it made............... :'(

Hlawatyr
03-14-2009, 06:44 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Way to go Gills,good thing Matty wasn't on the boat with his famous sparky gloves,great pictures. ;)

slough hound
03-14-2009, 07:28 PM
hey where do you guys launch at ?

MickDStick
03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Way to go Gil too bad I had to stay home, or maybe that would have been my fish. It must have been the luck of the pass.

T
03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Good job on the 9 pounder, glad you found the pack of hogs. ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
03-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Great job on the hog Gills glad we were able to help with the scale

Good seeing and talking to you

stonesfan
03-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks like Camanche is the only Lake where you can catch a 9lber
and still manage to KEEP your LURE................................ ::)
Has the Launch changed at the North Shore? Last time we were
there, the make shift launch was starting to go under water......

Very nice Looking Trout, Gills

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

gills
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Sniferrs we also had a few hit the Dodger/worm combo I had bought his one color at the ISE show last year that was like a clown color it has all kinds of paint spots on it, it seemed to be the most productive. I also put some Pro Cure garlic on my crawlers.

The regular ramp is in use water level has covered the temporary launch I used last outing on the 6th .

On our way out I had another Hogg hit the Dodger/worm combo that was a sdr looked compatable to the 9.8 .. He just out smarted me.. It happens .. Most of our ldrs and sdrs today were on that setup, im going hook shopping today, replacing the Rapala hooks too..

Looks like Camanche will be the spot on Friday....Has anyone seen my scale :D...haha ...

Have fun out there and stay safe...

Gills 8-)

Captain Compassion
03-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Man there are some real pigs coming out of that lake. :o Nice pictures, Nice fish.

CC

froggie
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Gills, Nice talking to ya on the radio yesterday. WOW, you guys caught some nice ones, too. This is our first trout season at Camanche since Melones has been pretty dead. Sure glad Robbie convinced us to try it out.
Froggie [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

kokemachine83
03-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Gils: Congrats on a great day out there!!! Your welcome for the scale. Thanks for putting it in my truck. I think that Camanche is going to be the place to fish for a while. Still can't get over how clear the water is, even after all the rain we just had a few days back. I will not be back up there this weekend. We have our KP dinner and i need to do some maintenance on the boat and trailer. Again Congrats on a awesome day.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

gills
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
My how things can change...