PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever fished French Lake?

dboucree
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello gentleman. I was curious if any of you have fished French Lake. Does the NID allow access to the Lake? and if so how is the road? Come spring i would imagine the bows and browns will be eager for love up there.

Thank you for your time, dboucree 8-)

mtnlks
03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
were is the lake your asking about?

johnbfishin
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
French is in a "wilderness area", no motor vehicles allowed except NID.

hellbent
03-05-2009, 04:53 AM
it is about 1.5 miles down from the locked gate as John B said, and with the late snow it was late june last year before you could get up the road.
It is a very beautiful lake, but bank fishing doesn't cover much territory on that place

dboucree
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
thank you for the info johnb and hellbent. I will just have to hike there again and bring the inflatible raft, hope im not winded! too bad NID keeps the lake under lock and key. Last summer, I conquered the walk from faucherie to weil to french lake. beautiful! all amazing fishing but french lake gave me a 24" rainbow on the 3rd cast from shore. She had amazing colors on her and will keep me coming back for many more years to come.

johnbfishin
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm glad you know what the deal is there.
The person that first took me to French made me promise never to post about that lake.
It's been years, but my word is my word. ;)

Edit, This is one of my few chances to post some useful information and I can't because of a stupid promise. [smiley=duh.gif] ;) ;D

John_Diggler
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh come on John...We won't tell! Promise! ;)