PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche 2/27/09

EddieTee
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I went to Lake Camanche today and threw in lines around 7:00 a.m. I fished until 12:30 p.m. The bite got slow around 11:30 a.m. Overall, I caught 11 trout (nothing big) and 1 green trout. Met Freon at ramp, but didn't get to talk much. When I got home, UPS delivered my marina radio and antenna. The antenna is only 3 ft. long so I don't know how long I will be able to get out at Camanche. I might need to upgrade. I want to thank Koke machine 83 (Robbie) for all the heads-up. Without him, my successful fishing day would not have been possible. By the way, all these fish were caught close to Hat Island. Tight Lines to all, Eddie Tee :)

kokemachine83
02-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Eddie Tee: Congrats on a big day. Nothing wrong with a 11 fish day. Glad i could help!!! Heading up tomorrow. I'm still looking for that 10 pounder. So it looks like around the BIG hat island is the place to be. I just might have to make a move up the Narrows if it get a little crowded. Again Congrats on a great day!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

tortuga
02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the day "catching" not just fishing. *If you want someone who knows fishing and is really great at helping out its the "Machine" Robbie!!! Sounds like it might be time for our 2nd ever try at camanche. *See you guys there in the morning.
Tortuga

EddieTee
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Robbie, I caught a 10.8 lb. hen at the mouth of the narrows " right in the middle" a few week back. She would have gone over 11lb. easily, but when I got her in the boat she sprayed her eggs and whatever all over my boat :'( Caught her on a Broken Back Firetigher Rapala J7, Just thought I let you know because you like the big ones like me :)

Have fun
Eddie Tee 8-)

2sanchezs
02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
EddieTee

How was the water clarity, and did you see a lot of water coming through the narrows?
Glad you made It out there, would sure like to see a picture of that hen. Sounds like a lot of fun. See ya on the water.

Trollin4life 8-)

EddieTee
02-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Trollforlife, I didn't go by the narrows today so I don't know if the water coming in or not. Heard that the narrows was a little stained, I stayed away from it and went up to Hat Island area. The water seemed in very good shape, considering the amount of rain we been having.
Take Care
EddieT. :)

EddieTee
02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to say that most of the time I fish by myself, so I don't bring a camera. The Day that I caught that hen my father-in-law was with me, I wanted to let her go because I just catch them for the fun of it, and lettem go. But my Father-in-law took her home for supper ;) I Fish mostly friday's, that's my day off, and a few Saturday's
Take Care
*Eddie T.

freon
02-27-2009, 08:52 PM
ET, pleasure meeting you out there this morning, glad to hear that you slayed today ;)