PDA

View Full Version : Pardee

junior_kastmaster
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Hows it going?
went to Pardee for presidents day the fishing was tough due to high gusts of wind. Man, for a relatively small lake the water had some pretty big swells. only saw 3 boats hit the water ended the day a couple fish from 1lb-2lb all realesed. :)

jrj
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Way to go. I am heading there in the morning.

fat_fish
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
were the boat inspectors there today?

ff

Anti_Hero_Fisher
02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
No.... Just the lady at the front gate that ask you questions...
Very nice might I add.
Good luck

Just got back today and caught over 5 dozen fish today. Biggest one going at 3.5lbs

AHF

June first
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Only on weekends is what I have been told by the inspectors ;D
Good luck tomorrow!
Post some pics when you get home.....
Some of us wanted to go this weekend, but instead hae been cooped up in the house because of the weather, a few pictures would sure make me feel better :-[ :-[

fat_fish
02-18-2009, 11:28 PM
AHF wwhat did you use? if you don't mind me asking.

ff

Trout Tracker
02-19-2009, 06:32 AM
junior Kastmaster.
Glad you caught fish and sounds like you had a pretty good day.
Been trying to get to Pardee for the last few weeks but the rain just keeps on spoiling my Saturdays.
When the wind gets to blowin hard it gets rough on the water.
TT

gills
02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I will be ou there Friday morning 7am. I will be on channel 69 all day if any of you Sniffers will be out there.

Gills 8-)

hunkfisher
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear the reports are still on the positive side ill be reading them for the next 3 weeks and be posting them from march 13th to the 22nd hope to keep hearing great reports guys keep them coming with those pics as well!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Anti_Hero_Fisher
02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
We where trolling naked worms, drifting worms, anchoring power bait, and casting out with flies. Ill try to post pics my usb cable is missing I guess I missed placed it lol

Good luck. Today seems like another GREAT day out there

By the way. If one is fishing from shore its best to show up early because when I got there around 8 am it was already busy then around 10 it was packed on the bank...

Best to beat the rush if you show up early *:)

AHF

PapaGreg
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
:)Was at the ramp early this morning, other than getting the spot we wanted it wasn't good fishing early, kind of surprising as the fish were rising and jumping around us.

Still ended the day with two limits again, but the bite didn't seem to turn on until after 10am.

Got two nice fish, one went 4 lbs, the other close to that, and the other eight were all close to 2lbs.

Usual suspects, power eggs and power bait, wasn't real crowded early, but did fill up after 10.

Weather was beautiful, warm with a little breeze now and then.

The wicked work has beckoned my services tommorrow through Monday, so enjoy and keep the reports coming.

fatfish; did you make it out today?

montev
02-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey PapaG, what area did you fish today? We're going to go in the morning and was debating on bringing the boat or not. Which do you think would be best? I called the marina and they said both shore and from a boat were doing good. But if it's too crouded on shore, I might bring the boat...

hunkfisher
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Papa G guess those fish arent doing it down at Melones anymore ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"

PapaGreg
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
:)montev, don't know how the boaters did today, but there were a lot of them!
We fished at the launch ramp today, right NEAR the "no fishing" sign, have you ever fished Pardee from the shore?
It can get really crowded and crazy, some people don't think anything about casting over your lines and becoming your "shoulder buddy"!

I saw a LOT of fish caught today, Rainbow point area was producing along with Tom Sawyer island, typical though, we were getting them at a good bite and people right next to us couldn't buy a fish, strange.

Hunk, funny you mention Melones, we were going to hit today but decided to go back to Pardee because it has been hot lately.
We've made three trips to Pardee and limited out each time.
We're hoping to get there next week, depending on how my work schedule goes.
Give a holler when you get back to town, never know where we'll be fishing!
We went by Amador after we left Pardee, saw quite a few fish being landed at the "corner" of the dam.
Good luck.

hunkfisher
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Ill send you a PM Papa G i have that week all planned out already drive home friday the 13th fishing saturday or sunday at Pardee, Monday at Melones, Tuesday Amador, Thursday Don Pedro then friday where ever i feel like haha that corner is pretty good at amador especially when the water is there ;D

Brad "Hunkfisher"

cgagex3
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Brad,
Funny you should mention coming home. CC is ready to come over the hill.
Last weekend at Pardee...
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8579/fish322009fl1.jpg

Little guy 1 1/2 # then one at 5 1/ and the biggest at 6.

I let the other 4 loose and lost one big guy to a broken line *:'(

Windy in the open but a fun day. See you when you get back.

CG

hunkfisher
02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah Cory gotta start shaking off the cobwebs of the local haunts again havent done much fishing due to the lack of water from the heavens but i have a feeling ill be metalheading the next few weekends on the Mad, tell the Capt that we should due a mini fest on Saturday the 14th from what i read on the pardee site they allow tubes now???? I won forget mine this time CG

Brad "Hunkfisher"