PDA

View Full Version : Need Info. on Pine Flat

Trapper43
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I am thinking of hitting Pine Flat on Friday the 20th. This will be my first trip out since my stroke. I would like some info. on the trout fishing. If anyone has fished Pine Flat, feel free to respond.
Thanks for any info.

jannwells
02-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Trapper,
How will you be fishing and for what?

Bf18

fishon_chris
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Trapper i will be ther in the morning fishing from Windy gap to as far as i can troll up river.We will be on the water by 8am.I want to sleep in a little on my day off.will have ch 69 on.

Chris

Trapper43
02-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I will be in a 14' Klamath with a 20 horse Honda motor. Boat will have downriggers and will be trolling for trout. There will be two of us in the boat. Hope to see some of the sniffers there. Still need some info. on what lures are working and how deep.

fishon_chris
02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
As far as lures and set up i dont know have not been there for a month but the paper is saying the top 20ft and Excels,Blade/worms and Kazi minnows.Hope this helps.I have heard the fishing is better in the upper part of the lake

Chris

jannwells
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I posted some info last week titled "Pine Flat 2/15".
It might be of some help.

I'll be taking my brother in law up this Saturday to try it again. Of coarse The Flat being The Flat it will probably be something totally different this week. :D
Hope you guys slay 'em!

Bf18

BuckSnort
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Keep your eyes open for floating and semi floating debris ..with these storms and rising water levels there will be a lot of wood in the water..I have seen that lake have several tree's out floating in the lake and some of them are barely visual cause they are just under the surface...

They can be anywhere but really look out from Le Fever through windy gap and up river...

jannwells
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Is there a map available that shows the different areas?
Such as La Fever, Windy Gap and Billy Creek. I know alot of them but not all.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bf18

JoeTech
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
The last time I was there about 2weeks ago, across from Billy creek was the hot spot. As far as lures rapalas(Sideplaner) and watermelon and shad colored excels did well. Also gulp minnow behind a dodger did pretty good. Good luck

Joe

bretmoua
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Here's the latest report for Pine Flat. Fishing report was posted yesterday courtesy of the Fresno Bee. I've also included a really cheapo map of pine flat. You can probably find a better one if you google/yahoo it.

http://www.anglernet.com/web/maps/pine1.htm

Pine Flat Reservoir

**Bass ***Trout *King salmon **Crappie **Catfish

Merritt Gilbert reported trout continue to be the most abundant species, with the fish located from Trimmer on up the river arm with Excel lures, blade/crawler combinations, or Kazi Minnows at depths from the surface to 15 feet. No king salmon have shown yet. Bass fishing continues to be slow as evidenced by four limits of keepers landed by 39 anglers in the past weekend's Fresno Bass Club tournament. Drop-shotting or jigs at depths to 40 feet have been the best techniques. The lake came up to 24% of capacity. Doyal's Store reported the weekend weather didn't deter anglers from landing at least 15 trophy fish taken Sunday on either chartreuse or rainbow glitter Power Bait or Roostertails.

Call: 787-2387, 225-1838, 292-3474.

jannwells
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks bretmoua.
That helps.

Now is Windy Gap the area just upstream from Lefever?

Thanks again
Bf18

Ironhead
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Jann,

Windy Gap is the area above the power lines right as you make the hard left to head towards Trimmer.

jannwells
02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
That's Kinda what I thought, but I wanted to be sure for future reference.
Thanks Greg.
You and Edd knock 'em dead this weekend!!
Wish I could be there.

Jann

first5
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
glad you'll be getting on the water after the stroke. i'm sure you'll enjoy it regardless of the action, though some catchin will make it all the sweeter! :) head up river, back of the lake. been some nice one's coming out.

mtalley
02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Good to hear from you Trapper.

Trapper43
02-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the information. By the way I just listened to the podcast on the Fresno Bee fishing report. Tonight it featured Buck Deaner and Roger George. They are talking about trout fishing at Pine Flat. It was very informative. It takes about 20 minutes and it is well worth it.
Thanks Again
Hope to see some you tomorrow.
Ken