PDA

View Full Version : Scent?

shadbuster
02-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been looking into maybe buying some trout scents so I did a search on this site and it seems that most guys use it for trolling, I am mostly a shore fisherman and I was wondering if it is a waste of money to use it from shore? If not what scents are good? Spray or gel?

PapaGreg
02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
:)I fished Pardee from shore earlier this week. A guy fished near me and he was using some kind of scent (Trout Killer?) never heard of it before, but he was catching one on EVERY cast.

The guy was using the same color power eggs as me, and was outfishing me 10 to 1!

He was casting out much farther than I was, but that was the only difference between us, bait, leader and everything else was the same.

GottabKevin
02-14-2009, 10:39 PM
all i have to say is that the Nitro trout scent (natural) is the best trout secnt i use from shore. especially at los vaqueros that scent will bring any trout to your bait. they are sold at Walmart or any other sports store

TomO
02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
I've found BANG in the garlic scent to be very effective. It's in an oil form, and I apply it by dipping my #14 power baited :) treble hook in the bottle. It works for me.

Good Luck :)

Semperfifishing
02-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I use pro cure scent on all my lures.
And I have had great luck using the Berkely gulp scented worms to tip all my lures with.
Spinners, Rapala's and all.

crippled
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
ive had bad luck on the berkley garlic power scent. it comes in a tube just like power bait, stay away from that stuff. but ive heard that the nitro gray from eagle claw is awsome

Jetspray
02-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Scent (FUFU JUICE) is used everytime I fish. Banking, sit fishing on boat, trolling, or anything I am using to fish with. Trophy Trout is hard to find around here so I order it. I have trolling rigs that have spinning containers of scent. I use it on baits as well as lures or rigs. Some say it doesn't matter, you ever gone out on the night on the town without it? I guess not.....Jetspray

gills
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I use to by skeptical about scents, but after using Pro Cure thats all I use now, Krill for trout seems work best for trolling Amador and Pardee. I have also used Carp spit at Amador.

Gills

fishingfan
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
The only scent that I use is the Pro Cure Predator Gel. It works wonders every time. ;D

916towerguy
02-15-2009, 07:50 PM
No matter what type of fishing you do Scents help. It's just finding what scents to use. Thats the challenge

kokaneeCommander
02-15-2009, 09:51 PM
I too am a firm believer that scent does help. It is one more factor in catching and not catching. Some days scent does nothing but make you stink on othe days it is the difference between a skunk and a limit. It can't hurt to have some in the box, just in case.

fat_fish
02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
i use scents as well from shore or trolling, as it masks the smelly human smell they hate.

ff

EastBayJ
02-16-2009, 07:05 AM
The nitro stuff works, but man! it's hard to not get it all over you and man! it's hard to get the smell off your hands.

kokaneeCommander
02-16-2009, 09:03 AM
On my boat i keep a large bottle of the instant hand sanitizer. Works for getting the human scent off, as well as any fish smell's.

ReelJerks
02-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I have as much ProCure in my craft room as ProCure has in it's warehouse [smiley=yikes.gif] that's a bunch of ProCure. I have 'go-to's for different lakes and different species.

Don't know about other companies but ProCure comes off easily with 'water displacement 40th attempt'.

Edd

joshlreber
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
pro cure is the way to go. i use trophy trout, that is the best i think. i also use carp spit sometimes. my buddy swears by the krill one. good luck

Captain Compassion
02-16-2009, 05:09 PM
The Captain fishes naked. :o ::) 8-)

CC