PDA

View Full Version : rain fishing...

crippled
02-12-2009, 07:41 PM
is it worth your time to try to trout fish in the rain? and if so, how do you change your arsonal to work with the rain???

stonesfan
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
The ONLY thing I do differently when it's Raining, is wear RAIN GEAR!

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

peacocksforfun
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't change a thing until the bite, if there was one died. Then, maybe drop down a few feet til you get on them again. If you are banking it, same thing. Don't change anything til the bite tells you. Weather, generally doesn't change the bite. Sometimes rain turns them on. Just my two cents!!! :)

Semperfifishing
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I always fish the falling barometer..and a light rain has given me my best days.

Athlete24
02-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I also have noticed that when using lures or spoons from the bank that the bite picks up when a light rain starts.

fishmaster
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I love the rain, as long as my boats banded first! Less people on the lake. The fish dont seem to react much. This time of year the fish are at the surface so flat water will make them spooky. I do best with a little chop on the water or a light rain when longlining.

kokemachine83
02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
When fishing in cloud cover or fog. I go to darker color tackle. Use golds / Brass / Coppers. Also when there's no ripple on the water (Wind) my set backs are even further. As long as you have the room...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Salvage
02-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Rain is the ememy of good trout fishing. Raindrops covers signs of active feeding and prevents sight fishing. Bad weather keeps better fishermen away from your favorite spots and people who have done it ALWAYS have terrible times. So please don't even think about it... ;)

Jonezin2fish
02-13-2009, 06:24 AM
Had some of my best days when it's raining. At least now I can throw the sides and backs up and fire up the heater. Geez I'm a wuss as I get older! I remember fishing while wet to the bone and now I wouldn't dream of it.