PDA

View Full Version : Chabot, today

Crass
02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Fished from about 10am-5:30pm. Started halfway back the east trail, then worked west.
Saw a big ol trout in about 4" of water when we were setting up.. figured it was a good sign.
Fished spinners, live worms, powerbait in close to all colors all for a big bunch of nothing. didnt see anyone else catch anything all day either.. i got a few nibbles on a 4" bluegill & chartruse curlytail Roboworm near some reeds.. but it came as soon as it went.
didnt even get to take advantage of the $16 monday boat rental.. coz it was closed... except we saw people in boats and even one of the new stupid pontoons. whatever.

all in all.. sunny, really cold wind, and further proof trout dont like anything.

Fishin510
02-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Crass,
Keep your head up, I haven't had much luck at Chabot either. Skunked the last two trips out. Do you know if you can bring your own boat there or is it just rentals?

Barbless_Fishin
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
You can bring your own canoe to Chabot and you still need to have a mussel-inspection. They don't have a boat launch and you can only use electric motors. I think it is nice actually, the lake is small enough that a trolling motor is just fine. Be prepared to carry your canoe from the parking lot to the lake!

I've had awesome days at Chabot, just killing the big trout but the other days are chocked full of nothing! Last good streak I had was back in October/November.

GoneCountry
02-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Im waiting too. Its been slow for awhile now. Now i have more time off so i might hit it up this weekend. Just dont really want to get too wet but we need the rain