PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Meadows Res.

Ugbomb
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anyone been up there recently? I was up there in October and had one heck of a time! The water was low at this time. Really Low.. I am planning on taking a week off in the first week of May (for my birthday) I just wanted to know how blown out by people this place gets. I limited out EASY there. All about the Kastmaster. *:D Soooooooo. anyone who frequents the lake what is the best time to go? Beautiful area for people who havent been. Oh and the little streams ahead of the lake looks almost out of an alaskan documentry. I heard they have little native fish in there. And there is a breeding population. On a side note. All of the hen rainbows I caught and kept (sooooo tastey! had them with onions and potatoes in the mornin) had eggs in them. I think this lake is a partial SELF planter. So just wanted to know how popular this lake is during the season around may! ;)
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/ugbomb/IMG_1345.jpg
First trout out of Jackson!!!!!
Just one out of 3 days there you can see how low the lake was.
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/ugbomb/?action=view&current=MVI_1354.flv
Dont mind how retarded we sound!!!

NorCal_OC
02-08-2009, 10:38 PM
One of my favorite lakes. Depending on if we get any snow this year, you may not be able to get in unless you got a snowmobile. I believe they usually plow the road (from hwy 89) in June, although not sure of that, I usually ride in on the wheeler soon as I can make it past the drifts on the Bowman side. It gets decent action with all the campgrounds and they do allow lice >:(. So for me its early in the season and right before the snow comes.

Ugbomb
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Ever been there in May? :(

fishable_waters
02-08-2009, 10:46 PM
any desent fish ever come out of there? i hear thier usually always small.

Ugbomb
02-08-2009, 11:15 PM
There was a couple of elderly people kayakin there when we were bankin and cause the water was so low they could see the trout. In all of the creek outlets they told me........ The fisherman husband..... told me that they saw Massive Browns! There is a pop there. I just couldn't get ahold of them. Oh and I saw the most crawdads in my life there. And they were natives! ;)

direct
02-09-2009, 08:51 AM
hey we were up there the same time as far as i know they dont plow the road that far but there is a house up that road I dont know if the road is plowed that far. :-X there were guys catching fish back then also does the lake freeze over. :-/

NorCal_OC
02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I usually troll with good results, worm/dodger, cripplelure, needlefish with a piece of worm always seem to work. Average bow is 12-14" but have pulled a couple bigger ones out going to 18". Never got a brown but would sure like too! And they do have very tasty crawdads, with easy pickins.

These were caught May 28 in 08 campgrounds were not open yet and I was one other boat on the water
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2569/dsc00406bj2.jpg

Mr_Ed
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
The FS does not plow til the 1st of May, usually..........depends on the amout of snow and water damage done to the roads by run off .

One year the road was washed out and it was late May before traffic was allowed in to the lake.

Ugbomb
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Are you SERIOUS?! It doesn't open till late may? Darnit!!! How the heck am I gonna do this? Now all my plans are a mess. >:(

NorCal_OC
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
It all depends on the snow pack. If this is all we get then it will be open in march!

Ugbomb
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I hope so!!!!!!! Its my 26th man!!!!!!!!! ;D

catcher_on_the_fly
02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Its anyones guess if the roads will be ready,im guessing yes.It sounds like you like that lake,take my advice and drive 10 min. behind the dam to Milton while your there. Big trout,but its a catch and release lake,well worth a look.Good luck on the weather.