PDA

View Full Version : shaver lake   2-2-09

ron_darnell
02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
we were looking for something different today so we loaded up and went to shaver . i packed for the trip. anything and everything that a trout or maybe kokanee would ever want to eat. HA they laughed at me,lol. i hooked up a small rainbow in front of the dam when we launched and that was it !!!!!!! we found fish but couldnt have caught them if we had dynamite !!! 4 rods going at different depths, all with something different on them. we tried wedding rings, apex, cast masters, night crawlers, etc, etc. the one hook up was on a green apex and a fish catcher flasher, about 25' w/ 100' set back. towards the evening i had all but gave up and started dragging yo zuri's, crystal minnow, striper kind of stuff,lol. hell nothing else was working,lol. fished it til after dark, came in with the lights on. was a beautiful day up there, but i didnt have to clean too many fish,lol. try san luis res tomorrow, see if the stripers treat me the same way,lol.

FISHERWALLY
02-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Hey buck I think chigger22 has wiped all the good fish out. He almost lives on that lake. Might have to think about issuing Doug a commercial licence ;D for all the take up there. Keep trying buck you are bound to get something up at shaver.

tight lines

fisherwally

JoeTech
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Buck - Thanks for the report, weird how one day anything you throw at them will catch fish and other days nothing. I guess thats why they call if fishing and not cathcing ;).

Joe

ron_darnell
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
we dont get over that way to fish very often, but we always have a good time when we do. does anybody know of an approx date that edison will be open ? we live in dos palos so san luis res is our hangout, its not the fuel to get to shaver that is the problem, its the
5 hr round trip that takes up too much fishing time,lol.
well the truck is warmed up and its time to drag the bottom of san luis res,lol. lets see if i can trade a 3/4 lb bow for a 30 lb striper, ya right,lol.

fresnofshfan
02-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Edison will be open after snow melt. Might be early this year due to the lame snow pack so far. Fresnobee.com and this board will have the info when it gets closer.

Looking forward to San Luis reports. I want to striper fish over there but have to pick my days due to the hight winds and my small 14footer.....

Fred

ron_darnell
02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
hey triple "F" ,lol. fresno fish fan this is the best time of year for you to fish at san luis. the winds are horrific during the summer. the water is usually smooth as glass this time of year. i learned the hard way. i sank my buddies 14 glass boat. it was a rear steer and i had 2 group 31 batteries in the ass of it along with my 270 lb self and gear. it was all my fault but it happened. water got rough and i figured i could still troll my way in, just kinda follow the shore line. i took a wave over the transom just as i was hammering the throttle to get away from the wave, the boat went straight up and then down, blurb blurb. luckily the wave was pushing me to shore and some guys threw a rope. but this time of year is smooth sailing,lol. the bite is a little slow but will pick up soon. hit me up sometime if you want to go, im always looking for an excuse to go. really, i just wait til no one is looking and run like the wind,lol.

Slapabow
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd blame Doug for catching them all ;D.
Thanks for the effort.

chigger22
02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Buck,
I was planning a trip to san luis in a couple of weeks maybe we can compare notes. My fellow sniffers are way to kind, they spanked me at the flat during the hunt.
Below is a picture of my group coming out of edison a few years back when it used to snow in them there hills. Been making the trip every year, fishing edison with only two people on the lake.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8454/edisonlake027sh8.jpg
coming out of edison 2006

Doug

first5
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
fish must have gone on a hunger strike! ;D thx for the report. looks like a good bit of snow coming in. fingers crossed. maybe that'll shake em up and get them back on track. brian