PDA

View Full Version : camanche this saturday

biggamehunter67
01-28-2009, 08:46 PM
heading to camanche this saturday and was wonderin which ramp is better to use...and where the cause way is at....me and two other boats are going to give this lake a try first time at this lake.. thanks

rick ;) ;)

June first
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Rick, I have only been to this lake a few times myself.

I have only used the south ramp. Pretty steep, but when I was there last (about a month ago) it was concrete all the way down. It was kinda muddy so I needed to lock in the 4x4 to pull the boat out. *:o

I will be there Saturday also, I think the causway is at the north side of the lake where the road goes over, see this map.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/camanche.html

I have done ok trolling the narrows too. 8-)

I am sure someone that actually knows the lake and the current conditions of the ramps will chime in before Saturday.......

See you Saturday...... We will be in a white North River hopefully at the south ramp around 6-6:30. give us a shout on ch69
8-) 8-)

biggamehunter67
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
thanks i dont have my radio fully installed yet....but im in a fisher boat...i dont have 4x4 but im hoping u dont need it

kokemachine83
01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I have only been there about 9 straight weeks. So i guess i'll follow you guys around. :) :) I launch at North Shore. Looks like i will try some different spots this time. I can only look at the Narrows a few more times. Was thinking of heading towards the Dam. Then work my way up to the Cause Way (Rabbit Creek Arm) then head over to the Narrows. Hopefully i can find that 10 pounder. I will be on 69 too. Good luck guys and lets get that 10 pounder... ;) ;) If you have question about what to use, just ask away!!!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

biggamehunter67
01-28-2009, 09:36 PM
hey robbie which ramp is better for use....i dont have 4x4 and i believe my friends dont either...2 of us have 19ft boats...dont wanna get stuck there [smiley=duh.gif] [smiley=duh.gif]

LoomisGuy
01-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I launched in a 18' Crestliner at the N. Shore last weekend at it wasn't bad at all. You drive down the concrete ramp onto a dirt road to the temporary (or maybe not) ramp. The road is fine and doesn't require 4WD and the water is fairly deep with no mud.

Good luck!!!!

crank_bait
01-29-2009, 06:11 AM
the ramp at north shore is by far the easiest. it is concrete all the way into the water, and you are not fighting the steep ramp while you are pulling out.

June first
01-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Robbie, looking forward to meeting you Saturday!
I will actually be fishing the same lake on the same day. :D

What is the difference $$ from north shore to south shore??
I have never been to the north ramp, just curious.

DONT FOLLOW ME!! FOLLOW KOKE MACHINE, HE ACTUALLY CATCHES FISH HERE!! ::) :-[ :-/

crank_bait
01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
the price is the same

2sanchezs
01-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Heading out to Camanche on Friday, I don't have radio yet. Looking to get that Camanche Skunk off the boat. Robbie wheres that causeway? To the left of the Dam? And is Hat Island deep enough around it for trolling? Going to stick with Lures and try to leave the crawlers at home, just trying to break some old habits even if they still work well for me. See you on the water.

trollin4life 8-)

crank_bait
01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
food for thought....we are going to run nothing but apex this weekend. last two months we have been using rapalas on a fast troll with ok results.

kokemachine83
01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Biggamehunter67: I have a 18' boat, i have had no problems at North Shore Ramp. Just have to drive down a dirt road. The ramp it self is concrete. Just remember, if you get there real early, There's no Light on or around the dock!!! Good luck and we'll see you up there on Sat.

June First: The price is the same at either ramps. We'll talk to you on Sat. somewhere on the lake. I'm going to do some moving around. If i find anything i will give a shout out!!

Trollin4 Life: The cause way is North / East of BIG hat island. You will drive over it, if you launch from North shore if you come off of Hwy 88. There will be water on both sides. Hope to see you up there!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

biggamehunter67
01-29-2009, 05:33 PM
i hope the weather is nice likes its been the last few days....im trying worms , apex, neddlefish , rapala's, kastmasters .........does any one tip there hooks with power bait...and i'll be trying my new scotty MANUAL dr's and stonefan turned me onto some new toys that im trying to convince my girl friend to buy me..but any ways good luck all

June first
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I will be launching from the South ramp...... :-/
Are the weeds gone yet?? :D

I will be on 69, and I will let you know as well if i see anything.
will probably start in the narrows, then migrate towards the causway, then if time allows maybe tre the dam.

See you Saturday!

kokemachine83
01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
June First: Looks we are going to try the lake at opposite ends. Good luck and i will see you on Sat.

Jonezin2fish
01-30-2009, 06:02 AM
I'll see you guys out there too. Robbie what time you hittin the ramp? The crack of dark?

kokemachine83
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Jonezin2fish: We will arrive at North Shore around 6:30. Looks like i will bringing my Daughter. Her guy friend wants to go too!! She told him i can catch a lot of fish in just a few hours, looks like i have my work cut out. I love a challenge!!! Bring it ON!!!! I will try down by the Dam first, Then probably head towards the Narrows. I will find them!! They can swim, but they can't hide!!! Hope to see you tomorrow!!! Do you have a radio? I'll be on 69. Good luck!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

2sanchezs
01-30-2009, 05:21 PM
My Brother and I hit Camanche Today, Launch at 6:45 trolled up to the Narrows for 1 hit no stick. Trolled out to Main body for two, 2lbs. each 12:00 noon trolled up to Hat island for 1 hit no stick, went into the causeway for Nada. We trolled around hat Island for one 2 1/2lbs. Didn'T see much action on the sonar, instead of going to the dam, we hit another little spot, little stretch of 10 feet of water. I'm sure glad we did every pass fish on, fish boiling all over. My brother brings in 3.5 then I brought in a 3lbs. Next pass Bro pulls in 3.8lbs. We had 7 hits no stick, C&R 7. After we found them we stayed right there and stroke them. The best Trout fishing I have ever had, and had my Brother with me. You should of seen the look on his face when he pulled in that 3.8. All on top water F9 steel brought the big ones in. Firetiger did the rest, I had that F7 firetiger on my UL UglyStick with 4lb.test, what a blast. Will get the pics on here soon, after dinner. Thanks Robbie and CrankBait and all the sniffer crew. [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif]

trollin4life 8-)

biggamehunter67
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
so where was u fishing at.....and is there a bait store near the north ramp.....

Jonezin2fish
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I may be slightly behind you Robbie. Depends on when I can get dad up and running. I'll catch you on the radio

2sanchezs
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Well lets just say me and the bro had a goodtime.Have fun out there.

trollin4life 8-)

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/trollin4life/brag039.jpghttp://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/trollin4life/brag034.jpghttp://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/trollin4life/brag043.jpghttp://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/trollin4life/brag032.jpg

dave_in_el_dorado
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
congratulations trollin4life. i had a day like that on pardee once (although the fish werent as big), and its a GREAT feeling.

i'm dyin to get the boat out, its been a few months, but i cant this weekend. hope y'all knock em dead tomorrow, looking forward to the reports.