PDA

View Full Version : Any Del Valle reports.. today 1/29 or this week..

Johnny
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
is the water still red, any reports.. today or this week.. just got off San Juan Oaks & it was beautiful besides the ball didn't carry for being January.. what to try to get out this weekend & try my new fish tickle ;D

STRIPER_STEVE
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I guess life is good to be out palying the nice courses!!! I havent played in a while used to be a 6 hdcp.

Floating Office
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
JohnnyHollister,

I fished the southend last Sunday despite the cold and windy conditions...I think the "red tide" is most apparent near the dam as I didnt really notice anything. The bad weather keep the boats traffic to a minimum in the southend and I think helped the bite. Talked with TC Trout on the radio...he was at the narrows and north pulling grubs and rapalas. He said it was slow.

I did pretty good trolling in the early part of the day, pick up 4 on broke-back shad-raps top lining over 10-6ft of water. In the shallows, my lure was bouncing the bottom. One small DFG stocker and the others average 1.5-2lber. The troll bite shut off around noon so I started drifting bait in different areas in the s.end. Once I located the fish I picked up another 3 more, one monster weighing in a 7lbs and 25" long. I had floated worm with white power egg (no go), single eggs of various colors (no go)...the magic combo was powerbait with a power worm. All bites were in the 7' water following a drop off. Good Luck. Hope to see ya out there!

tragedyspring
01-29-2009, 06:12 PM
the water by the dam is way cleeaner than the south end right now.... ;)