PDA

View Full Version : Rollins 1-28-09

EXCAVATOR
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Took my dad out for a little son / father time today.
On the water at 7:15 greenhorn ramp, started trolling right away, marked fish 20 to 30 feet down.

I fished old school, fenders and a crawler on one @ 27' on the rigger and top-lined a blue and silver repala back 250'.

My dad started with a silver spoon and fenders at 24' and 34'

Clear and cold 37 air temp, water at 44, speed 1.9 to 2.1.

At 8:00 my top-line pole starts pulling line ;D after a brief fight it shakes off :( so I start to bring it in when my down-rigger pole let's go. Feels big but with all of that metal in the water it's tough to tell.

Dad grabs the net and after a moment I see the first flash, "Nice fish" dad says with a big smile on his face. It was !!! ;D ;D

A fat 3.9 pound brown, 19 inch long. I did take a couple pics with my cell phone, but they are not very good.

We had a couple more take downs but they would not stick ::)

EXCAVATOR

fishingfan
01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
nothing beats fishing with pops. great report! thx *;D

digger
01-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Hey way to go Adem! Once again I`m working and your fishing somethings wrong here.

Mr_Ed
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Always nice, when you go to Rollins, that you catch a fish !!

This lake can be hard some days if there is wind, stained water or the lake lice.

Glad to hear that you and you dad had some action, this early in the year, better than just having a boat ride.

What condition was the water, low,stained..........?? Never put in at that ramp, might have to give it a try this year.

EXCAVATOR
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Mr_Ed the water is down about 5 to 6 feet from Sept. when we wakeboarded. So maybe 10 to 12 feet down from the spill-way.

Water is not too muddy, we saw the fish flash down about 4 or 5 feet.

I'm heading to Pyramid next week for the day. Nothing but sun in the long range forecast :( :(

EXCAVATOR