PDA

View Full Version : filling del valle back up ??????

chilli31
01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
hello every one does anyone know the projected dates of del valle being filled back up to normal ;D ;D ;D

in 2 weeks me and my buddy who isn't a sniffer :-? :-? i am going out with him to fish against some other buddies who are sniffers in a competition of catching fish tah ha ha all in all it should be a good day and a good time weekend. ;) ;) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D

Jetspray
01-23-2009, 06:18 PM
The river runs in from the south end and when it rains it fills fast. They also pump in water from the delta at the same time and usually there is a bunch of floating junk on the lake so be careful......Jetspray

chilli31
01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
thanks jet for the report i will keep an eye out for the floating junk and also catch some of the fish that the other team is going to catch

when they catch i pull up next to the pontoon boat and snatch em with a net lol my net is bigger lol jk i would never do that to my buddies

Woody
01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Chilli it is funny you ask this question.
I was just talking with the guy that runs the rental boats. He said they had a meeting earlier this week and were told that the water district will not fill the lake all the way up this year if it is not filled by rain. they will hold it at 60% and if the park district wants to fill it anymore then that they will have to pay for the additional water.

Lets hope for lots more rain.

Woody

chilli31
01-23-2009, 07:40 PM
yeah lets hope it rains STR8 for the next two weeks that would be Awesome :o :o :o :o :o

johnbfishin
01-23-2009, 07:45 PM
That's interesting info woody. I'm under the presumption that DV was built to replenish the underground water table. I suppose that it doesn't need to be full to meet that requirement.

fishmaster
01-23-2009, 09:42 PM
hello every one does anyone know the projected dates of del valle being filled back up to normal *;D ;D ;D

in 2 weeks *me and my buddy who isn't a sniffer *:-? :-? *i am going out with him to fish against some other buddies *who are sniffers *in a competition of catching fish

Chilli31, please post the results of the competition so we know how you did. Nothing like a little competition among friends. [smiley=fencing.gif]

STRIPER_STEVE
01-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I think a DelValle fest is in order????? there is enough sniffers fishing this lake. What does everyone think????

Woody
01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Steve I'm all for it even if we just do a one day deal and have a mini potluck after at one of the picnic grounds. I think May would work well.

Woody

The Reel Deal
01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
count me in. april/may would work well.

Jigster
01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Sounds great, let's do it!

J

fishmaster
01-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

chilli31
01-24-2009, 04:30 PM
steve and woody sounds great my b-day is in may 27th turning 32 it would be a blast if something could be arranged around my b-day that would be really cool 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Klamdog
01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I'll be there! :)

fishmaster
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Anybody fish the lake today?

chilli31
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
rut roh looks like i started something lol

Oreo
01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Anybody fish the lake today? *

for sure! fished from shore for a couple hours, just one respectable trout. earlier in the day, i was talking to the guy who works the rental boats and he showed me a picture of a fish caught to day, OVER TEN POUNDS!!! :o :o :o several large fish caught in the last few weeks. lots of people fishing too, shore and on boats, lots of kayak fishermen i noticed. fish are being caught right now! ;D

SlyDog
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
The DelValle fest sounds like a great idea.Looking forward to getting together with you all.-SD

Backcountry
01-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Steve - I'm all in for a sniffer fest at DV - also like Woody's idea of a potluck afterward. Be a great way to actually meet everyone after always chatting on the radio.

Although not native to DV - I'll bring some abalone if we do it in May. That season opens up in April so I should get a chance to get to the north coast a couple of times before the fest.

-Backcountry

mark_sak
01-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I was at the lake bank fishing as I heard on the news that it was showers all day. It turned out the be a nice day as there was no rain and the wind was calm. I had a big zero and only saw one fish banked across the marina. A gent and his three boys were taking pics of their two bows at he store, one about about 5lbs. or larger.

Question? What happens then the water level rises and that stump in the narrows is under a few inches of water? I know to stay along the west bank in that area but others may not. I have a spare fender I could tie to it but it's blue. I would think they would mark it with a bouy by now.

On another note, does anyone know what that bouy is marking between the dam and Heron Bay?

Woody
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Mark that bouy is not marking anything I believe it was origanally put there to slow you down so you don't make a wake along the dam. But if you notice it seems to move around quite a bit. That is due to the pontoon boats using it to tie off to. When it is windy they pull it around the lake. Then it gets put back by the rangers. I have seen it all the way out in the middle of Heron bay before.

Woody

Chuck
01-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I would like to get into the scene also. I will look for some more posting on this subject. Thanks Chuck