PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Sunday

fresnofshfan
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
What a day! Got on @ 830, sunny and nice. Jackets came off asap.
Brother gets a hit right after the 5mph area at Sierra marina, dosent stick. We troll the dam and buddie Rob gets a nice hit on the apex about 4 colors down. He fights it for a minute and it comes unbuttoned.
Just after the dam bro gets the first one to the boat , sassy 14''er.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/fresnofishfan/IMG_0924-1.jpg

We make our way to thte first rocky point and I nail a nice clone. 14'' fat and sassy.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/fresnofishfan/IMG_0914.jpg
We troll back and forth off the point for 2 more for bro and a\SDR on a colorful fish for me.

Trolled up tword the left bank for two more for me and one more for bro. Poor Rob couldnt buy a fish despite fishing the same gear.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/fresnofishfan/IMG_0931.jpg
6lb stringer six fish. Old rusty spring scale shorted me a pound Im sure!!!

Pulled up to the dock to clean the fish and have a beer about 3pm. Home at 430.

All fish caught on dodger/crawler except my first one that fell to microflashers/crawler.

Fish were excellent tasting orange meat fish!! Stuffed with fresh thyme rosemary, onion and garlic with a bit of kosher and pepper.
Nice time on the water , got home to see the rest of the game and went to bed with a belly full of trout, what a day!!!!!

FFF

im trying to resize these but Im not having luck. Ill try again when im home.... >:(

fishon_chris
01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice stringer of fish FFF,Looks like shaver was a little more productive than Pine Flat LOL.

Thanks for the report.

Chris

fresnofshfan
01-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Yea much more action.
8-)
No constant action until later in the day when we hit 3 fish in an hour running the bank across from the dam up to the black and white rock.
I will hit Shaver as much as I can this winter if I keep catching tasty bows. I do want to hit the coast to try out my new waders and get some perch or rockfish tho. Shaver is one hour from my door pulling my boat so its hard not to go!!

FFF

ReelJerks
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
WTG Fred! That's how you salvage a weekend.

I spent all day Sunday trying to go over my chart data from The Flat, and watching the playoffs. I don't know which got in the way of which.

Good job at Shaver.

Edd

Slapabow
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
2 days of fishing?
You just had to get the stink off you
from Edd's toon ;D ;D ;D
Nice report and nice meeting you saturday.
tightlines Kevin

JoeTech
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Way to go Fred, I was hoping to get out there this coming up weekend, but the storm front coming in may not make it out..will just have to see.

Joe

GutHookd
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice trout. I really need to get out and go after some fish I can actually catch...as opposed to those super elusive Steelhead.

I've found that resizing is very easy if you use photo bucket (it has an edit option and you can pick standard sizes). The regular photo editor on your PC will do the trick as well, but you have to do it before you upload the pics.

Thanks for sharing man. :)

fresnofshfan
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Edd, Kevin & Joe thanks for the kudos, glad to meet some local sniffers!.

Kevin since Shaver is only an hour away I could not resist!!!
Beats sitting inside on a beautiful day!!

Perfect day on the water.

When we started the day off buying my bros license from a hot blonde filly , it was bound to be good...

Ill be at turlock this weekend pimping classic car insurance, so only fishin' for business this weekend..... >:(

GutHookd- I have photobucket and you are right its easy to resize, they arent too big are they????

FFF

GutHookd
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
No bro, they're perfect. I didn't realize that you'd already figured it out.