PDA

View Full Version : Any Camanche pond reports?

nickstone
01-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I was just wondering if anybody had been to the ponds at camanche lately or if anybody knew the last time that they were stocked?

crank_bait
01-08-2009, 05:14 AM
the current report from the camanche site is very good. they did a major plant in the pond in the beginning of december. bank fishing on the north launch ramp has also been good. the bite out on the water is still frustrating.

chevyguy01
01-08-2009, 08:41 AM
A friend of mine went out a couple of days ago and caught 4 on yellow power bait

STRIPER_STEVE
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
LOOKING TO MAYBE TAKE THE FLOAT TUBE OUT ANY OTHER REPORTS???? sorry on the caps ;D

rpwlaw11
01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
It's been a week since I've been to the pond, since Melones was on fire. While we were out there, most of the people scratched 1-2 trout a piece. A few took a skunking. The pond was not very busy at all. My best bait out there is a power worm and eggs combo.

A group of regulars love their nightcrawlers under a clear bubble filled with water. They tore them up with a stringer of 15 fish. Smallest was two pounds.

Some tubers were hooking up, most of the hook ups I saw were dragging power worms. Fly action was slow. But my son did ok using a woolybugger on his fly rod.

As far as hardware in general. The bite was slower than usual and plenty of short strikes after casting your arm off. But if you hit it just right, they would slam on the Kasmasters and Rapalas. The bite on lures would die just as quickly as it started.

If you know the pond and put in your effort. Catching 7-8 is reasonable. On average, most were happy to get two. My best day was C&R around 12 or so, and that was a whole day of fishing.

Best bite is from sunrise until 1130 AM. Then it will start to slow down. Around 2-3 PM it's pretty much dead. After 3 it starts to pick up again. After 4 the trout usually start rising again and action breaks loose for awhile. At this time and right before dusk is when I usually get 'em on my lures. Like I said, it's been a week since my last trip out there. But for the most part, this is how the pond usually acts for me. Nice thing, most of the trout average two pounds.