PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa - January 3, 2009

Zebco Kid
01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Well,

I'm not sure if I should post this here, or in the bass section.

Anyway, went trolling this morning and afternoon on Berryessa, with a depature out of Capell Cove. The wind picked up early on, producing some sizeable white caps on the main body. The result was that a number of boaters (including my wife and me) elected to stay close to home. We trolled for a few hours, catching just one bass. Yep, a bass! I'm not sure how much more of this I can endure :'(

I talked to a fellow in the parking lot who showed me his nice 16" trout. He caught them at 15 feet, with 100 feet of line behind the boat, using a cripplure.

DG

Berryessa Kid
01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your report. I have been hearing of a few trout being caught top lining. Worms or Needlefish. Or in the gentlemens case that you talked to, Cripplures ;) If you like Kings check out the posts by Kokoloco and Ol Angi over on the Kokanee, Coho, King board. Sounds pretty fun and it is only going to get better!!! Sorry about the bass ;D Damn things... I hope we get some good rain this season. Steve.

biggamehunter67
01-03-2009, 09:47 PM
i too was out there and hung around the cove ...seen alot but no takers...tried worms and lures..from 5 to 50 feet

malix
01-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Spent Saturday on the bank. caught one fish. *I am new to northern Cal and have never seen a such a silver colored rainbow. *Not a hint of any rainbow on this fish. *So much so I thought it might be one a king but was corrected about that on the koke board. *;D

anyhow here is the pic.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/516/img1516ap7.th.jpg (http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1516ap7.jpg)

Dennis
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Rookie! Still a nice catch.

Ol Angi
01-06-2009, 05:10 AM
DJG. What was weird the last time I went out was I was all the way up at the north end of the lake, and the water was like glass. When I started coming back in, as soon as I got around the big island, there was small whitcaps until I got back to the Steele Park area. I think I just got lucky with the wind direction that day.

Zebco Kid
01-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Gotta love that "glass".

DG