PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 28 and 29

John_Rodgers
12-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Two great days of fishing. Took my grandson for the first time out. Sun. we fished the west side, within a mile- north and south of pyramid. We caught 13 for the day. Grandson landed 26 1/2". *Scale died on me-could not weigh. Watermelon Apex hot lure-25'to *33' on the wire-fished bottom out to 100+". Bigger fish were caught right on bottom.
*Mon. almost repeat of Sun. 11 fish for the day. Grandson landed 243/4" and just under 26". Water melon hot until 11 am. then switched to coyote silver/green spoons(26" on in 35' of water).
*Tue. Boat would not start-broken alternator belt-packed up and headed home. *Great weather- Those of you, who fished Tue., give a report so I can cry.
* Fish had a lot more fight this trip.
Those of you who have never fished Pyramid-It don't get any better and I have fished most Ca. lakes.
* To me, *Pyramid lake *is off the charts -looks and fishing.
May the fish gods be good to us in the New Year. Took pict. on throw away-don't know when *I will be able to post.

Captain_Morgan
12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Nice report John, except for the belt mishap. Way to get your Grandson hooked on fishing. How old is he? Atleast you didn't get stuck on the lake the way the wind picks up there, that would have sucked.

John_Rodgers
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
My grandson is 21-senior at Sact.state. I have taken him out in the
delta fishing many times- when he was younger. This was his first trip to Pyramid. He caught all of the fish, except when we had two on. Boat is a 21' bayliner hardtop. trophy-handles well in rough water. We more or less camped out at the RV park. Had great time.

fernley_tim
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
John, were you the guys in the green and white trophy? if so I saw you guys out there I was in the 20' greggor center console.

John_Rodgers
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Trophy is white with blue stripes. We were the only trophy near the Pyramid Sun. and Mon.. Did you troll bye when my grandson caought one of the big boys-in the small cove just north of the Pyramid? Plum wore him out. He was realy disapointed when my drive belt broke Tue. morning. Brought my boat home to fix-try to get back up Jan. 9, 10 and 11. I usually don't pay much atention to other boats on the lake-don't have time -keeping my down rigger weights off the bottom. Lost my first one last trip. I will keep an eye out for your boat and talk to you on 69.