PDA

View Full Version : Afthernoon bite@ Melones (pics)

sollimes
12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Fished from 3:30pm-5pm today at one of the cove near Tuttletown ramp. C&R 20+ on spilt shotting power worm with barbless hook.

First fish on pink worm :D
http://i40.tinypic.com/23k5en9.jpg

2nd on green worm
http://i42.tinypic.com/azigqr.jpg

Limit
http://i40.tinypic.com/25guskk.jpg

metalmouth
12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
That's a great looking limit of fish! Thanks for the pics.

MM

steveo79
12-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice fish. Melones has been going strong the last week or so. What is "'split shotting a power worm'?

Thanks...

sollimes
12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
steveo79,

I put the split shot up about 3ft from the hook, just cast out as far as you can and retrieve slow with *a pause.
We'll be out there on Friday, still debating to bank or drag the boat up there.

Theo

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ewjmhj.jpg

twoelk48
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
My advice is to leave the boat home. I and Seon launched at Tuttletown yesterday first strike was in front of the bankies who were ripping fish in one after another. We proceeded to take the Duck for a boat ride fishing all the usual hot spots, The stretch from the dam to spillway, Angles arm and coves, then off to the 49 Bridge area and Coyote creek area for nada. Returned back to Tuttletown at 330 bankies still ripping fish from water as we loaded the Duck. Best tip take a 5 dollar bucket and cusion to sit on not a boat. Kent ;D ;D ;D Mery christmas all

hunkfisher
12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Looks like ill be making my first trip in a loooonnngg time next week probably the 28th or the 31st,(went when i was 12) might be taking the little cousins on the trek, where would be a nice gentle spot to take them out of the three choices Angles Cove, Tuttletown, or Glory Hole Point (I cant remember where I went so long ago). Nice report and pretty good looking fish Som. Merry christmas Sniffers!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

steveo79
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Hunk, take them to tuttletown. Gentle slope. easy access, and no place for them to run off and hide... ;)

Angels Creek is gated, and that makes it a looong walk
Glory Hole is steep, and rocky, not a good combo for little guys.

kokaneeCommander
12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
See you guys out there on Fri. Going to drag the boat up there troll for a couple of hours. If no takers find a cove, throw the hook and toss some junk at them. Merry Christmas, see you on the water.

iron-man
12-24-2008, 04:02 PM
2 elk and Seon. If anyone can catch them from thr bank where is the skill in that. I applaud your efforts to try and catch some holdovers. Sure it is nice to catch a few fish but sometimes you have to march to your own drummer and to your own rewards. It adds to your reputation and self appreciation when you can catch fish when no one else can even though that doesn't fill your stomach. Fishing is really not about the catching. It is really about time out and on the water in a nice boat with a good fishing buddy, with all you equipment working. It has been my experience that you catch the big ones when you least expect them and normally at an odd time of the year. Enjoy your trips and the company "the station will come soon enough" ;) and in due time. That is part a quote off a plaque I had on my office wall before I retired. Have a great Holliday season to the both of you and to all the sniffer world. 8-) IM

iron-man
12-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I didn't intend to offend any of you bankies so pleasse don't take it that way. I am known to dunk bait at some of the high mountain lakes when trolling doesn't produce. In fact I just may take my grand daughters for short trip up there next week. I don't take then often enough in the boat cause some times the action is way too slow for them to keep their interest. IM

sollimes
12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
See you guys out there on Fri. Going to drag the boat up there troll for a couple of hours. If no takers find a cove, throw the hook and toss some junk at them. Merry Christmas, see you on the water.

We'll be there on Friday with a boat, little BASS fishing for couple of hours and will head back to the coves near Tuttletown ramp for those fiesty little trout. ;D
Merry Christmas

see you all out there

Theo

Captain_Morgan
12-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds like fun!! GL..Friday! heck I might even go somewhere Friday. Your mak'in be get the fishing itch!

fishingfan
12-25-2008, 07:44 AM
wow. impressive! thanks for the report. ;D

Ironhead
12-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Fishing is really not about the catching.

As much as I hate to admit it, seems pretty darn common around you. Now, that's off my plaque in my office.

Just kidding George, could not resist...Happy holidays

Ironhead

billy sturgeon
12-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Caught a few also, thanks for the report.

jiggity49
12-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Hey hunk, if you go up there on the 31st you'll probably be able to find me at the tuttle town area. I've only fished melones a few times but usually with good results. Would be great to fish with you again so let me know if you are going up that day. I may be going up on the 30th also.

hunkfisher
12-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Heading up tomorrow hopefully the kids can make it, the oldest has been complaining of a stomach bug so his mom took him to the doc ill be out there no matter what guess ill just have to go out again with the little ones ;D. Maybe head up on the 31st ill let you know.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

jiggity49
12-26-2008, 01:07 PM
sound cool, hope to see ya up there Brad