PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 12/23

Set_The_Hook
12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
On the water today at about 11:30 to 3:30, fishing solo. Launched from Popcorn and fished up to block house and back. Water temp 46 deg. I only caught 3 in the 18-20 inch range. They were biting very soft. Fishing from 10 to 25' otw in 30-70 deep water. I was using a frog flatfish. I tried lymans and stingkings with no luck.

A bit chilly when the wind was blowing, but not bad when it calmed down about 12:30. The heater buddy in the boat realllllly helped. I spoke with a guy fishing from a kayak who said he was doing pretty well, just getting soaked trying to land them.
As I was trolling back south to the ramp, I saw Mongo heading home. Maybe he will post his results.
Sorry no pics, pretty hard to release fish unharmed solo and take pictures.
Bill

Pyramid_Kid
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Wish I could have gone with you Bill. But I had to go to DMV to get my new (new to me anyway) motorcycle trailer registered. So I can take my new early christmas present out. Plus I had a pretty big honey do list.

But it sounds like you had a good time going solo. Maybe I can catch a ride with you next time.

mrsockeye
12-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Glad to see somebody got out there. Was there any snow on the ground? To bad the catching wasn't better. It actually was pretty nice out this afternoon in Reno.

okie
12-23-2008, 09:08 PM
bill, next time you go out mon thru thur and neeed someone to go with you, let me know, i'm usually free those days.
bill

Set_The_Hook
12-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Sounds good Okie, I will. I tried about 4 other fishing partners and no one could go. I will definately look you up in the future. I have mondays off and will start to fish more soon.

Sockeye,
the snow was minimal at best. Just a dusting on the ground at Popcorn.
All in all, the day turned out great.

CHICKFISHING58
12-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Bill,
Glad you had a chance to get out I'll be out there Friday-Sunday ;)