PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa  12/20  Still slow...

kokemachine83
12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Started out at Skier's Cove at 7:30. Man was it cold this morning. Fog, breeze, ice and no sun, until 9:00. First fish on at 7:45. Small king. Then a few minutes later, another. Ended up catching 3 kings (released) and a trout that looked like it had a fight with a Osprey or Eagle. Even had some fur on it. Release it too. Fish the Skier's Cove area until 12 noon. Heading to the dam. Nothing there at all. Talked with some others with the same results. I did see a banana peel floating in the water, just as i came out of Markley Cove. I will use that as a excuse. I stayed in the dam area until 3:30. No pictures. I could not find my camera this morning. Oh Well. Looks like everyone had a tough time at Camanche. They said they dropped the lake another 2'. WOW!!! Sorry to hear about those getting stuck at the North Shore Ramp.

Lures: Apex's - Cripplure - Rapala's
Scent: Pro-cure Shad Gel w/ UV flash
Area: Skier's Cove - Dam
Depths: Surface - 15' OTW
Speed: 1.2 - 1.8 on the Lurh Jensen speed indicator
Set back: 140' - 150'

Looks like we (Mrs. Koke Machine) are going to fish, somewhere on Christmas day. Looks like maybe back to Camanche. Thats the only place where i have been doing good. Until next time...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Ironhead
12-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Robbie,

Thanks for the report. Just difficult to find a steady bite right now at most places. But as you know, it is about the fishing not the catching. I will never wave my white flag.

Sounds to me like you are getting the perfect Christmas present. Good luck.

Ironhead

kokemachine83
12-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Ironhead: I would never complain about 15 - 25 fish days (Camanche). It really was about just fishing not catching. Got to sit down and enjoy the day. All by myself, No gas trolling motor, hardly no one around, very peaceful. I did have my I-Pod tunes on though. Just wish i could of found my camera. But it ok, there's always next time.... Look like another fishing trip with Mrs. Koke Machine on Christmas... Keep in touch and we'll see you on the water soon.....

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

T
12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Robbie,

At least you caught a few, you didn't miss much at Camanche. *Seems like you've got that Camanche dialed in, all I could manage was a drive-by. *

FYI, if you didn't already see the post. *Watch out for the launch, it appears the end of the launch is only 6" in the water. *It then drops off into sand. *I had a heck of a time getting out. *If you've got a 4X4, I'm sure you'll be fine. *

I'll be shooting ducks Xmas eve, probably roll to Amador on Xmas.

Good luck,

OTH

kokemachine83
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Don't know why they would only pour a little bit of ramp there. Guess they thought it would never get that low. I know the South Shore ramp is very steep. Guess all we can do is pray for rain.... Thanks for the heads up. I might head up there this coming Sat. Berryessa is really slow. Not even marking a lot on the Fish Finder... Until the next trip!!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...