PDA

View Full Version : Who's fishing Del Valle Saturday

Woody
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
If there was ever a time I expect to catch fish it will be this Saturday. I will have Fishmaster and Fishmaster Jr. It should be a great time even if the fishing is not great it is always fun to get new fishing guests out on the boat.

Woody

untalan1
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hello Woody.I hope to make it out there this sat or sun .Haven't fished Del Valle since june.With the weather getting colder toplining should start getting better.I'll be in my 15' gregor so give a wave if you see me I don't have a radio ,maybe santa will give me a handheld.Efren

stonesfan
12-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Woody, that sounds like the Dynamic Trio, save us some Fish.....
Be sure to give us all the details. Might make it out on Sunday if
it doesn't Rain and I survive my wife's Christmas Party..........
You know how those N/A St. Paulie Girls can catch up with you.

Good Luck to you all..................
Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Jigster
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I'll be out there for a few hours Sat morning. Hope to see ya out there. Weather report says the temps are falling on Sat and a cold front will be in on Sun.

J

firetrout
12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I will try to make it there or pheasant hunting? I will know by Friday. Hope to be following Woody and getting my tips from Fishmaster JR. :D

Polebrother
12-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Just checked with my "never miss" Vegas oddsmaker who says Fishmaster Jr. is a lock to out fish the adults on Saturday 3 to 1. *Can I get some action? * :)

Klamdog
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Woody,
That's not fair! *The three best, in the same boat! *You're either going to catch them all, or scare them all away! *It will be a sniffer parade, we'll all be trolling in a line right behind you! ;D *If the rain holds off, I hope to be out there on Saturday! *I'll have the radio on so you guys can let us know where they are! :) *Hope to see you out there! * * *

Backcountry
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Woody - will be up there early with my nephew (and perhaps my dad). Think you're right, but I don't want to jinx the deal so I won't say anything.

Stonesfan...I'm about as German as you can get (still speak the language)...didn't think anyone new about St. Pauli girl...a good brew to sit in front of the fireplace with on these cold evenings. Typically she won't make you pay the next morning either.

Woody - still need that recipe - how did things turn out last week?

Anyway, am looking forward to it - glad Fismaster and Jr. will be on the water again.

Talk to all of you then.

-Backcountry

SlyDog
12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow! What a team.There will be more DelValle knowledge and experience in your boat than all the other boats put together.Wish I could be there.Can't wait to here the report.-SD

Woody
12-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Backcountry Sorry I thought you had it when I told you over the radio

First let me say it turned out great!!

Recipe
1 cup brown sugar
1cup white sugar
1/2 cup salt
1table spoon garlic powder
1 table spoon crushed red pepper

Put everything in a 1 gallon Glad bag and blend together.

Then put the skinned and boned fillets in a shallow glass baking dish and cover with dry mixture.

If you have a lot of fillets layer them in the pan covering each layer with the dry mixture. cover and place in the frig. over night.

Remove the fish from the frig. and rinse the fillets in cool water.

I have a charcoal BBQ with the side smoker box and I smoked the fillets for 2 hrs at about 200F add smoke chips twice in the 2 hrs.

Remove fillets from smoker and place on cookie sheet

turn oven on to 170f place fillets in oven for 6 hrs or until done to taste.

I sprinkled a little bit more red pepper on the fillets before placing inthe oven.

Woody

fishmaster
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Good to see there will be quite a few sniffers out there. Should make for a fun day!

stonesfan
12-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Backcountry, not to get off the subject of Fishing @ Del Valle but,
I don't think we are talking about the same St. Paulie Girl, this 1
has made me Pay again, and again, and again.......... [smiley=party.gif]

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

johnbfishin
12-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm torn between DV or heading for Melones Friday to sink the fish pens then onto Beardsley for Sat., it'll depend on how the weather shapes up as well but I'm leaning towards an up the hill trip. 8-)

STRIPER_STEVE
12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
last report was rain for sunday we/ll see. I'm hoping for lots of rain to keep the fair weather fisherman away. Hoping to see our water levels rise.

Hiking-Jay
12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
60% chance of rain Sunday and 30% chance on Saturday. I've always done the best trout fishing in the rain. I'll be out there on my yak on Saturday for sure, maybe Sunday depending on the word from the boss.

The Reel Deal
12-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I will out there bright and early. its supposed to be cold out there.

I will be on ch 69 as usual.

see you guys out there.

-Jeff

angryangler
12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I am thinkn of going out on sat rain or shine. I'll be in a 21' white north river. Are they still makn u go through that mussel inspection for $6.00? >:( >:(

Woody
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
AngryAngler they are still doing the Mussel inspections and your boat has to be totally dry. If you get to the lake and it has rained on your way I would stop at the first parking lot after getting in the gate and dry your fish boxes and storage compartments.

Woody

T_s_dad
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
It's not the rain but the inspection in the rain that will keep me home. So you think a quick towel down of the boat will get past the inspection?

Last time I failed (it was raining in CV but not @ the lake) they looked in every nook and cranny for moisture. They even checked the tubes of the trailer.

I explained to them that I had only been in the delta, you know where the water for Del Valle comes from. Didn't seem to matter just how dry the boat is at the time of launch. I would think drying the boat in the next parking lot wouldn't work as they are looking for a 5 day dry period to kill the mussles.

We will see how the morning feels. After all this is just the word of a weather man. Someone who is a hero when right half of the time. Not something that would be acceptable at my work.

JefffromLivermore
12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I'll probably be banking it with the dogs in tow walking out to the first bay past the narrows.

Backcountry
12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Stonesfan - you're killin' me and am laughing as I write this. To be sure one way or the other St. Pauli girls are a good thing regardless of the intrepretation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning. Will be there with my nephew and lots of warm clothing.

Thx Woody for the recipe - have got two fillets in the mix ready to go into the smoker when I get back from the lake tomorrow.

-Backcountry

firetrout
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I'm passing to go to the Pheasant club. The report of the winds did me in on this decision. Good luck and stay dry. Will be back ASAP

johnbfishin
12-13-2008, 06:20 AM
My plans got turned upside down due to a fuel pump that no one seems to be able to find.....well they find'em but they are always the wrong one, 3 for 3. >:(
At any rate I'm looking forward to the reports. Clear skys here so the inspections shouldn't be a problem for today. Tomorrow is when it's supposed to be wet, I'm so looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

ryanerb
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I can't believe the blue skies out? Definitely no rain this morning, maybe tonight, but I'm sure those who went out had great weather, but a little cold, maybe windy.

mark_sak
12-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I too, had planned on going this morning. Clear skies here in San Jose this morning but the wind is what kept me off the lake. Now if I had a nice big NR like Woody, it would have been different. My 14ft Crestliner needs to grow bigger and a full enclosure with a heater would be nice.

mark