PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip tomorrow in the snow?

cjskier
12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I am looking for some advice on fishing tomorrow(Saturday 12-13). My buddy and I are thinking of heading to Stampede again this weekend in the cold and snow. Snow is supposed to be light on Saturday and light winds. How do you guys think conditions will be. will there be a bite or are we wasting or time.

The reason for going is this could be the last day to get a boat on stampede for the winter. Its supposed to dump snow on Sunday and Monday.

I am also looking for some tips on Stampede for if we do go. We trolled the lake hard last weekend, most of you saw my report on the mack board. However we would rather target Browns. Water part of the water column should we be looking for them in? We caught macks right along the bottom, and can see lots of small fish in the 10-15foot range, rainbows I assume. Should we drag our plugs just below these fish to try and get a fish on the hunt in that range? Say 15 or 20 feet down? Just looking for a depth really.

Thanks for the help in advance!

fernley_tim
12-12-2008, 10:52 AM
according to the reno forcast this morning tomorrow will be a big wind day :o 15 to 25mph so you know it will be stronger over the pass ;)
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USNV0076
if you are able to get out I would topline the shore with f-18s or j18s if you want to target trout. also I would suggest a long setback 175 or 200' back good luck if you get out.

yayafisherwoman
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
cjskier from my perspective,
bundle up warm, bring hand warmie things and drive with caution... OH, P.S. have fun, sounds like a giant brown in the making!!! Post pics of you have any...

YaYa

Darin
12-12-2008, 09:05 PM
CJ..It wont hurt to give it a try..There are some huge browns in there..I wish I could give you some tips but I never fish it from a boat. Dress warm and have fun, let us know how you do. Good Luck!!

hellbent
12-13-2008, 06:12 AM
I was up in the mountains for the last two days and it was a cool one, the bite is way off due to the bigger than normal moon (I am guessing)
and the fishing was tough to say the least...good luck

cjskier
12-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Trip got pushed to tomorrow.

What size line would you guys recommend for a spinning reel outfit? I usually run 8#, but am thinking of going a bit higher.

hellbent
12-13-2008, 01:16 PM
be careful with tomorrow!
If you are going to run the Rapalas as suggested, 8# is way too light, i use 14# just to hold up on hits, snags and fish