PDA

View Full Version : Is Melones fliped?

Slim
12-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Not the people but the lake... sheesh... ::)

I'm hearing of some good bankin reports...

Slim

reeltor
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Slim - I was down there last week and the surface temp around Glory Hole ramp and Tuttletown was 59 degrees. Bankies were hauling some in.

Reelotr

Slackline
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Slim
Fish and Game has been planting the lake every week the last few weeks. My dad and I have been fishing the launch area at Tuttletown . Limits have been the rule for us and LOTS of others fishing this area . Rainbow Glitter or Green Powerbait off the bottom with a 2' leader or a gold or silver castmaster are working the best. Most fish caugt are the planters that are 1-2lbs. Haven't seen any of the ol big fish the lake was know for. I thought I saw you there yesterday catching a few.

dilbeck
12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Great question Slim. *According to Glory Hole Sports, it had turned over back in mid November which I'm skeptical of. *However with the recent temps, I'd have to believe it is close, if not already done.

I'm heading up there this Sunday with several kayakers to do some fishing. *It's a little friendly competition and so I've been trying to do some homework but haven't found much of anything that will be worthwhile.

Any info is appreciated! ;D

BTW, it is true, they are stocking the snot out of it as of late.

Michael

ken_fishnfool
12-09-2008, 07:25 PM
It "fliped" during the winter of '03/'04 and has never been the same since! :P
Good luck out there guys!!!

Really, if you see shad dimpling the backs of coves IT'S ON!
Chuck stuff on the outside edges of the shad...
GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

Martinez Frank
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
It flipped, now it's in the witness protection program

Chadzilla
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Talked to a guy yesterday that caught 30+ from the bank throwing spinners... hitting pretty much anything he threw out there. Funny how the bankers are killing it but trolling reports remain fair at best.

steveo79
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Was out there this evening...fish seem to be hanging tight, and maybe if the guys in the boats tried hugging tight, or running planer boards, it might be a different story.
Angels Creek ramp is closed, and the entire area including the fish cleaning station is gated off. Seems pretty stupid to have people buy passes, and they gate them out of area's. The road out Glory Hole Point is gated too, almost seems like they are discouraging bank fishing. Not very fishing friendly, in my opinion. Took a Mt. Bike ride out to check out Angels Creek, you can hear the creek running, it's been a while since that has happened. Next time, I take my pole on the bike, just have to finagle a way to hang on to every thing. I guess I need to go to "Slim's School of MT. Bike Fisihing" ;D

Cool thing about the anual pass. 60 bucks, or 30 for you seniors. They issue you a plastic card. Good for 2 people, and 1 boat. You can use it with your friend, and his boat. hint, hint.