PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake Report 11/18-11/22

circlehook
11-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Whitefish and I just returned from our annual Eagle Lake trip and the fishing was wide open for us each day. We caught fish on everything we put in the water. We brought over 50 fish to the boat in the 3 1/2 days that we fished. Best baits were small tube gitzit with a wiggle disc, Amber grub, Tui Chib fly with disc. We experimented with numerous lures just to see if we could catch something with them. For example a blue sparkle grub with a blue sparkle blade that whitefish made up from his Koke box, a red RGT, chartreuse apex, red needle fish, brown rooster tail, paddle tail grub, etc. Like I said we caught fish on everything. First day we fished from 1:00 to 3:30 calm winds and sunny temp around 60. Day 2, 7:00 to 2:00, overcast, light winds, and warm in the 50's. Day three very windy hard fishing could only troll in one direction partly cloudy 8:00 to 1:00 still plenty of action. Last day cold 20's, calm winds and sunny 7:30 to 1:30. Believe it or not the big fish of the trip was a 22in 4lb 11oz (On the scale) that came on a mealy worm slow drifted with the wind. On a side note the bigger fish all came on smaller baits. Approx. fish break down 3-4, 4lbs or better 17+ at 3lbs or better the remaining fish cookie cutter 1.5 to 2lbs. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Circlehook

mrsockeye
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Good detailed report. It is awesome when the fish are in the bite anything mode. I might have to get up there yet this year.