PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake??

oscardawgg
11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Is collins lake catching now? I heard that the dam is ok with powerbait and crawlers for bank fishers. Anyone having luck up there yet?? :)

ParadisePontoon
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Heard that the trout fishing is pretty slow out there due to the low water levels. I would wait until April or early May to fish Collins. Just my 2 cents worth!

- Paradise Pontoon

crippled
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
if you dont mind a drive....hunnington and shaver lakes in the serrias are expolding right now. on the ranking system from bad to good, its rated great right now, just to let you know

oscardawgg
11-11-2008, 08:43 AM
thanks for the info guys. I think i am going to take you up on the drive and take the faimly up this weekend. A nice outdoor adventure would be great for us.

FISHERWALLY
11-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey it looks like you live up north already I wouldent drive down here with all those good lakes up north, Eagle lake, Almanor, bucks etc etc seems a little closer. I have fished Shaver lake for the last 4 weeks and did pretty good, but I would rather be on one of your lakes up north fish are much bigger up there, well thats my two cents worth. Where ever you go dress warm I think Shaver was in the low 30s.

fisherwally