PDA

View Full Version : HUNTINGTON LAKE

FISHERWALLY
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Oh yea huntington lake this sat should be about 22 degress at lanuch time. with a high of about 41. Time for the browns and bows to start eating to stock up for winter. Think I might long line some lures next to the bank at first then maybe go to the dr after the sun gets on the water. If anyone else is out there I will be on ch 69 marine. Tight lines to all. Hey Donnie if your on the board are read this post good luck at shasta.

fisherwally (john) ;)

miketaylor
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
where is Huntington lake >?? thanks

FISHERWALLY
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Hello yerington Huntington lake is above fresno/clovis area it is about 18 miles past shaver lake, I think it sits about 7960 feet. I have been doing pretty good for the last several weekends. Not to bad of a run for us local boys.

fisherwally (john) ;)

Slapabow
10-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Its a toss up between Huntington or Wishon
for sunday for me.
I know the browns are bitting at Wishon,
but Huntington has the pigs ;).
22? My personal coldest launch was 18 degs.
Not fun >:(
Camera ????
Tightlines

FISHERWALLY
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Ended up with 4 bows and one brown no size to them the largest was 15-1/5". We launched in about 3" of new powder snow and the wind was blowing pretty good we saw two people in little alum boats come out and go right back in. We had are limet by 9:45. We dident even really use the drs we stayed on top of the water long lining. Someone in the parking lot left there lights on so we unplug the trailer lights and told a fisherman going out to ask aroung on the water to advise them that they left there lights on in a ford pick up with a nice big trailer I hope they found him. Over all it was a great day. Tight lines to all.

fisherwally (john) ;)

JoeTech
10-14-2008, 07:25 AM
I was up hunting around wishon this past weekend, when I arrived on sunday morning we had about 2-3in of snow...and it was still 16 degrees at 8am. Good luck and make sure you bring some warm clothes.

Joe

mtalley
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I was also hunting this weekend. When I went over Kaiser Pass (about 5 miles from Huntington for those that don't know) it was 8 degrees at 6:00 am Sat. But that is at about 9K and Huntington is right at 7K. I think it was in the high teens when I passed Huntington. That's cold, you are very brave.

Congrats on the Brown, they are hard to get there but worth it. Do you fish it a lot?