PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 10/4  Catching some trout!!!!

kokemachine83
10-04-2008, 06:42 PM
After catching 10 or so kokanee, i decided to go after some rainbows. I trolled all the way up to the log boom, for nothing. So i thought maybe in front of the dam would be a great place. This time i tried something that i have not done in about 10 years. I bought some night crawlers. I for got how much of a pain it was to thread them on a hook. Worm threader have not use one in a long time. I will be looking for it, that for sure. The trout today would not hit a lure. I tried lots of different ones. Spoons / Apex's / Grubs. They wanted bait. I set the two lines down at 20' and 30'. Caught fish at both depths. The 20' had more action. Used small dodger's and a 24" leader. Just the plain old crawler behind it. Had 8 fish crab the worm and landed 5 of them. Smallest was 15" and the biggest was 18". Here are some pictures of the trout trip.

On the troll up river, near the log boom...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/100408007_Resize.jpg

The dam at Lake Pardee...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/100408009_Resize.jpg

My Five fish limit of trout that i kept...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/100408015_Resize.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/100408016_Resize.jpg

Our black lab, LUCKY wanted to get into the action!!!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/100408017_Resize.jpg

Think we are going to do a little prefishing next weekend in the delta for some stipers. Have a derby there on the 18th. If anyone wants info on the derby, PM me!! Until next time...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Chadzilla
10-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats on a nice day... 10 kokes and 5 trout = one heck of a trip. Much better action than last weekend.

stonesfan
10-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey Robbie, it sure looks STRANGE to see TROUT hanging from
a LIMIT STICK named Koke Machine............. ;D

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

yavang192
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
seems like you had a great day...haven't been to pardee yet, is a boat necessary for success or does fishing from shore work too?

camotracker
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
right on robbie. nice looking stringer of fish. at least you got to play :'(

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

fat_fish
10-04-2008, 07:58 PM
that 18"er looks tasty. *way to go. *the threader really helps alot. *i always keep crawlers w/ me as a last resort as well when nothin is workin.

ff

tortuga
10-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Robbie
Nice stringer. *I always have crawlers on board this time of year. *I am still just a "worm dunker" at heart. *I've even caught kokes on a wedding ring/crawler rig in the spring. *We haven't been out in weeks!! *I know it's time for some trout and you just proved it to me. *At least we get to go to the Pyramid Fest next weekend. (no worms on board there)*I've just about forgotten what the inside of my boat looks like. *Congrats on a 2 species day.
Tortuga

cynnate
10-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Robbie

Of course, like always a nice job indeed. You seem to always be able catch something. Were any on those bows holdovers? I did notice last time I was out at Pardee there is a good population of next years fish (kokanee) holding at 65' with protection of this year fish beneath them. Caught a couple at 6-8". Did you see any of these fish? So there is hope for a good year in 2009. See on the water! :)

Nathan

kokemachine83
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Stonesfan: I should make a TROUT machine limit stick!!! But i don't want to confuse anyone.

916bassandtrout: Yes there's plenty of room to do some bank fishing!!!

Tortuga: Good luck at Pyramid. You and Froggie will have a great time.

Nathan: I didn't see any of those little guys. But i know it will even be better at lake Pardee next year for Kokanee.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Jonezin2fish
10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice job Robbie! Pop and I did that the last time we were up there but we did it up just before the narrows and were hitting fish regularly at 40'. Of course that was almost 6 weeks ago. We even tossed a crawler on a baitcasting rod and were hittin' em in the little bay just past the narrows. picked up a couple of smallies too. Only time I ever used a lure for trout there was in the south end near the bouy line but it doesn't work often. I gotta get back up there before it closes...high school and youth football is killing my weekends right now. I still have the tag on my winch from the last trip. I haven't been anywhere since.

BTW we did hit a couple of dinks last trip on the shallow rods. Not as many as we hit at NM but they didn't seem to be as deep as they are at NM. I'm sure there will be some good fishing next year.

kokemachine83
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Lodi Mike: I tried to catch some trout with lures. I trolled from the mouth all the way to the log boom. Not even one hit. Thats when i picked up and went to the dam. All they wanted was the crawlers. I tried lures there for a little while. After i got three hits on the bait one, I switch the other one over. Hope to see you on the water soon.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

nickjew1
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Those are some nice fish! ive gotta try out pardee some time. Also, you're dog has a nice coat of fur. haha

yavang192
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
when does pardee close this year, i heard something like the end of october?

I'm gonna see if i can hit pardee and amador in one weekend

buzzbait
10-06-2008, 09:34 AM
You're a skilled angler Rob. Nice work on those.

BassJack
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Nice trout. Night crawlers are always the ticket for me. I never have any luck trolling lures.

keviwa
10-07-2008, 07:16 AM
when does pardee close this year, i heard something like the end of october? *

I'm gonna see if i can hit pardee and amador in one weekend

The last Sunday in Oct.- 26th

ifish4fun
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey Robbie nice to meet you out there on the lake. my boat caught only 4 trout to 16 inches. All fish were caught on bait near the dam.
Spent most of the day trolling the narrows and up the river. As a last hope because we had to be off the lake by 4 pm we went to the dam set the downriggers at 20 and 25 feet. no time at all bam fish on. A few passes and we had some fish. 2 were caught on dodger and worm
2 were caught on DOC-Sheltons and worm. I had 2 other rods out with with weight but never got a hit i guess they were not running at the right depth. Had a great time though and no traffic on the lake.

kokemachine83
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Darren: Good to meet you guys on the lake. Good to see some stars out there. Glad you got into some fish. There's a few of them in front of the dam. I stayed between 15' - 30' and caught fish. I will be going back up there for sure be for they close. Good luck where ever you fish and we'll see you on the water soon.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...