PDA

View Full Version : Amador Panorama Photo 10/4/08

YakMotor
10-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Here's four shot still photo panorama taken 10/4/08 from my neighbor's deck that I seamed together in Photoshop then programmed to move like a video pan in a forum sized window. *I'd guess it covers an arc of about 120 degrees plus/minus. *You can see the spillway floats as small dots on the second arm near the start. *Mountain Springs arm is the distant bright spot. *It ends showing the campground peninsula.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2677/amadorpanov2dm7.swf

This is my first attempt using new software I purchased to create moving picture effect. *It creates a "Flash" file that should show using a player built in your web browser. *I've tried it already for fade in/out slide shows and have an idea of assembling a bunch of my Amador fishing photos from the past for a visual walk down memory lane. *Stay tuned!

Oh! *Lemme know what you think of this ... especially if you have any trouble seeing it.

white_cap
10-07-2008, 03:22 AM
that's cool, boy needs some rain!

foresthill_fishin
10-07-2008, 04:22 AM
;)That was just awsome cool make more!

Joel

Farrier_Frank
10-07-2008, 04:46 AM
That's incredible, Yak!! We should designate you the official Sniffer photographer. Hope you get a chance to go up to Pyramid and do the same thing with that lake. 8-)

zhands
10-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Assume Yak, that is way cool. Yes you are the man when it comes to photo "way-to-cool". *Very nice for your first attempt. Canít wait for more. Iíve had my eyes open for Yak posts. So what is the new software called, is it expensive?

Great post Yak. Thatís what the Sniffer needs is more Ö.moreÖ.more great photographers. Since my knee surgery I have been studying to improve my photography skills. There is always something to learn.

Thanks

Z

MattMan
10-07-2008, 06:05 AM
That was pretty nifty, Yak. Thanks. I saw it all just fine. Nifty, I tell you. ;) ;D

Berryessa Kid
10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
I saw it just fine. We do need rain :-/ Great job Yak. I am looking forward to all the wildlife photos this coming Amador season!!! It looks like you will be having some fun with that new software 8-) Your posts make for great viewing, please keep them coming.... Steve.

Woody
10-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Yak That little point just to the right of green star point has a couple lures on it. If you find them they belong to me. Although when I lost them the water was about 5 ft deep over what is now a point of land.

Hope to see everyone up there in a few weeks.

Woody

Irish
10-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Great job Yak,
Photos like this give us a great view of the lake, what the ramp condition is, etc. Very helpful. Please keep it up!
As has been said, we need a lot of rain. I think it's going to be awhile before the lake comes up. I'm not a big fan of fishing at the ramp as they are planting the first few loads of fish. We all want to get back up there but two weeks is dreaming. :(

YakMotor
10-07-2008, 07:29 AM
The software is called IncrediShow v1.0 and it seemed a bargain after I looked at the time and hair pulling involved in trying to learn Adobe Flash or other more professional touted programs. It's supposed to have a bunch of easy to control features, but I've found it short on instructions on how to use them.

After spending 3/4 hour assembling and enhancing the panorama I spent probably a couple hours doing trial & error testing til I got the pan working acceptably. The pan is still glitchy so I'll experiment more with frame rates.

The slide shows should be pretty cool. I'm gathering a lot of shots I've already posted and some I haven't from the three seasons I've been fishing and taking pics at Amador. I've already posted some tests in the Talk to the Sniffer board and from them determined each "show" frame will have about 20 pics. This is based on the file size that ImageShack will host for free.

Blktailhunter
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Outstanding! Thanks for posting

buzzbait
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Very cool. The only thing, since you said to let you know, is that there is a part of the window at the left hand side that is just white, then the picture starts about an inch in from the edge. No big deal and I can still see the photo though.

Good job. I love flash, though it's been a while since I've used it. Still have it though.

robert_long
10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
DAMMM Yak that is awesom. Its so cool to look at the lake that way. Now we need it filled up so we see a panorama photo of the lake then.
Thanks for the effort.

Robert 8-)

freon
10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Mark, as usual, awesome job, it will be hard to figure out what is the better report, the fishing or your pics :)

Captain Compassion
10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Way cool Yak. 8-) More. Must have more.

CC

camotracker
10-07-2008, 02:19 PM
thanks mark for the picture video. great job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. the lake sure could some water

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Trout_Terminator
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks again yak, your always a big help with this kinda stuff ;). Can you see the boat house from your view (the blue docks?). If ya can, look for me the day after the first plant, hopefully i will be there ;).

-TT

J2K7
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
GREAT job...Photoshop is a complex package to deal with!

Jim K.

EddieTee
10-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Great Job Yak, keepem coming
Eddie TEE :)

campngolf
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Very nice Yak. Now all you need to do is spped up the pan and you could have someone spewing all over their keyboard. *[smiley=seestars.gif] (you're getting very dizzy.....)

Empire
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I am quite impressed with the pan! Not so impressed with the amount of water in the lake.

AllFishNoWork
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Very nice work Yak! Thanks!