PDA

View Full Version : Remember Lake Chabot Derby's

EddieTee
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Does anybody out there remember the old derby's from year's past at Lake Chabot. It was a 2 day derby for the biggest Trout,Bass and Catfish for the weekend. I used to look forward every year for that derby, than some other organization took over and screwed up the whole thing. I still remember how packed those weekends where and they had some great prize's Then some Bozo's took over with a 1 or 2 month derby (A joke) and ruined the whole thing!
Eddie Tee :'(

Slapin_Bass
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Sure do! I can remember my dad winning a minn kota trolling motor. I think it was 2nd prize. That was all before Urban Park Concessionaires. Same thing happened to San Pablo. Now I think a different company has taken over. Hopefully the East Bay lakes can get a little better.

EddieTee
10-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Slappin Bass, boy those were some great times. The Urban Park Concessionairs also took over Partee Lake. This lake used to be noted for some big hogs being planted their and URC took over and ruined it.
EddieTee :'(

stonesfan
10-05-2008, 05:29 AM
EddieTee, wipe that tear from your eye, and start your own DERBY....
Go out and show those BOZO's what's up......................LOL

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

EddieTee
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I would stonesfan, but I need the back up. You interested??.....lol :)

rbilly029
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I used to fish that derby every year as a kid. I still have a couple of coffee cups they gave out when you registered. I still remember how hard it was to get a spot at coots landing or racoon point on those days.