PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Lake

oregonhunter
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Anyone fished Bowman lately? How long does it take to ge there off 80? Never fished it and wondering what advice anyone wants to give. Fishing from shore.

T_s_dad
09-20-2008, 10:43 AM
I haven'y been there since the snow storm on Memorial weekend. It is about 20 miles in to the campground. Not the best road if you are towing but it is doable. Let us know how it is if you make it in.

We did an October trip there a few years back but the fishing was slow. It was a great experience watching the kokes just cover the bottom of the creek in the campground. I think the trout get their fill of eggs during the spawn.

fishnchips
09-21-2008, 08:07 AM
we haven't gone all the way to Bowman, but we did go to Fuller...it's on the way to Bowman and only 6 miles off HWY 20, which is a short drive off 80.

We banked fished with no luck, but another guy there did get a couple.

we're heading back soon.

oregonhunter
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Headed up there this weekend. Will post a report next week. Any creeks around there worth throwing a worm in?

hellbent
09-25-2008, 04:05 AM
we were up messing around in that area last week and a couple of guys had some small trout at the inlet- but the lake is tough for bank fishing...not a whole lot of action

JimBow
09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
What kind of vehicle are taking to Bowman? Ask only since if you've never been there, keep in mind road is much much worse then road to Fuller, it's very slow for those 5-10 miles from Fuller, with some spots wide enough for just one vehicle (as I remember). Also, pull up on this site one of Bacher's articles on the Lakes along the way, can't recall the name, but one has bass and trout fishing. Cool.

oregonhunter
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Jimbow you were right the road was horrible. Do they ever grade it? Tight but passable just so rocky your never going above 10 mph. Never wet a line as we never found a buck but sure are a bunch of beautiful lakes up there. Bears everywhere.