PDA

View Full Version : heading to the pond! LoL Folsom lake

skank_bait
09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Headin to folsom lake tommorow wondering if any of you guys have any reports is there still any water are the fish biting?

tinytrout
09-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Don,t know about right now, but come end of Oct the fishing usually starts to pick up and can be really good. The 5 mph speed limit sucks but if you don,t know the lake you can wreck your boat real easy.

cowboyfisher21
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Just checked my new Western Outdoor News and they said that trollers are picking up a few trout and king salmon on rolled shad at 86 feet in front of the dam or the south fork. i would wait till end of october or head to Lake Natoma and go after those 25 pounders by the bridge! the state record came from Natoma! [smiley=fishing5.gif] [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

kokanee amigo
09-27-2008, 02:50 PM
shank bait; quad king and I fished folsom on 9/26/08 without any success. started at so. fork and than the dam area for kings marked a few at 80 feet but no hits. We than fished for trout over most of the pond from the surface down to 40 feet .Using all possible baits. the surface temp was in the low 70's. Hopeful when it goes down to 65 or less things will pick up. Launch ramp at grante bay and brown's ravine are open andvery acceptable in comparison with the rest of the pond. good luck